Guest viewing is limited

TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

Hi welcome to bone smart. Good luck. Brand new knee. Yay. It's worth it. My knee did all kinds weird stuff before replace. Recovery It's roller Coster. But worth it in end.





FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi everyone, especially @iivesfam5. Well, it's done and so far so good. Surgery was At 10:30 and I was in recovery at 1:30 and in my room by 3. At 4:30 the spinal wore off and I requested my first pain meds. Good timing on my part because PT came in asked if I thought I could try and stand and maybe take a few steps. Not only could I stand but walked halfway around the nurses station!phew! I'm now exhausted, had a decent fish dinner and am ready for a nap. Can barely keep my life open, talk to you all tomorrow.
 
Congrats on being on the 'other side'. :-)

That's quite a first walk on your new knee!
 
Well done! Glad to hear it's over and you are into the recovery phase. Great job on your little stroll, but remember to stay on top of the meds! Here's to a good night's sleep and an even better day tomorrow!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@momweb I am so happy for you! And a bit jealous that you are now in recovery!!! So excited that you went for a little walk too!!!! Congratulations!!!!! :wave::yes!::hi::loveshwr:. Get some sleep. Can't wait to hear more!!!!!
 
Congrats! Welcome to the other side. Eat while you can, I had a pretty decent appetite the first two days and then lost it..didnt eat much for several days, bit better now, more normal. Take your stool softeners, finally had to add Miralax also, and she finally broke loose today..LOL, I was more worn out after that than PT.. Good luck keep us posted
 
Yep, wish I had taken Miralax all along. It helped. Glad to hear everything went well and your are up and walking. Keep on schedule with your pain meds, you'll need them for quite a few weeks. Sleep well!
 
@momweb came here first thing to check on you :) I hope you are doing ok...... Today is day one!! Woop Woop!! I will keep checking for an update!!
 
As you all know sleep is impossible in a hospital. Someone was here every hour. The IV pain killers (dilaudid) not sure of the spelling knocked me out immediately. So I am really sleepy. Today I will get washed up, no shower, I have staples and a very large bandage. But I am changing into shorts and a t-shirt now that the foley is out. PT is coming, I'll let you know how that goes.
 
Sounds good, honey!!! So happy that you are doing ok...... Hang in there!!! Are you icing yet? Good luck with the PT - hopefully just another little walk a roo!!
 
I heard from @momweb she is having trouble accessing everything with her cell phone. She is doing well - moving well and icing constantly. She is planning to go home tomorrow. She will be in touch when she gets home.... YAYAY :wowspring::happydance::yay::flwrysmile::dancy:
 
That is good news. It was such a relief to be home in a nice bed.@momweb take pain meds on time and make sure you have some good ones. Mine made me wound up so I wasn't sleeping well.
Take it easy and one minute at a time.
:ice:
 
Hi all, I am home and in my comfy recliner. I woke with some nausea this morning which turned into a migraine. Took several hours before I got an injection of Immetrex, but I finally feel better. @kmann you are right my appetite has already taken a downturn. It looks good, but after a few bites, I've had enough. I'm just not hungry. I do drink a lot though, which I'm hoping will help the digestive system soften and make some moves, if you know what I mean. I walked with PT this morning and thought I was going to pass out. I got all sweaty and hot. But after laying down with cold cloths I did feel better. I practiced the stairs with railings and without (we have both).

My roommate had a few issues and I'm trying to be kind. She did apologize to me and wished me well, but I literally got not sleep. She cried out loud for over 3 hours last night, talked to herself for more hours and wasn't until they gave her prozac and put her on her cpac machine that the room got semi quiet. That was until she tried to get out of her alarmed bed multi times, causing many people to come and support. The first thing I did when I got home was snooze for 2 hours.

My husband just went out to the pharmacy for my meds (Dilaudid, Celebrex and 325 Aspirin) I'll put the compression stockings on later. Supposedly the visiting nurse and PT will visit tomorrow and set up a schedule from there. My Cryopac is the best. In spite of everything, I am doing well. Good to be home.
 
Welcome home @momweb !
It sounds like you're off to a great start.
Best wishes for an uneventful recovery!
 
I have been waiting for ya!! So glad you are home!!! Everything feels better at home!! I so get the migraines - ugh!! Do you have some prunes, prune juice, Colace?? Hopefully THAT gets under control!! What are you taking for meds? Rest dear girl and we can catch up later!!
 
Hang in there, it will get a little better everyday, you will have down (depressed moments) thats normal. Definately take stool softener, I take Colace 2x a day, but I would also take some Mirilax ( i mix mine with Gatorade 1-2 xs a day, it was a week before my bowels started to move, just a little 2 days, then bar the door, it was crazy when she finally broke loose...wore me out!!! Get plenty of rest, good luck, talk to you again soon
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom