glazed151
member
Hey all,
Thought I should probably take a minute to update things. It's been a long strange couple of weeks.
First off the job hunt: I actually just heard back this morning (2 weeks after the phone interview!?!) I had about given up hope on things, and then I hear back. Weird. They are wanting me to move on to the 2nd stage of interviews for a specific department called "Transaction Resolutions". Hahahaha, it's all Greek to me, so we shall see. It's a M-F, 8 to 5 desk job that has great pay and benefits, so I am very excited about the next steps. One of my friends who works there said it is "one of the departments everyone dreams of getting into", and that it's a great opportunity. X'ing my fingers!!!!!!
Now, the knee:
Uh, not so perfect, but at least I finally have answers. For the past month or so, I have had that bad stabbing pain in the inner side of my knee, that was nearly sending me over the edge. I called my Dr, and I was seen last Friday. Drum roll please................
A grade 1 or 2 tear in the ligament. YAY!
He is quite sure it is from over use, and actually blamed PT. So....NO MORE PT, although he did say I can do gentle exercises in the pool. I have a hinged brace I am supposed to wear, thankfully it is actually comfortable and I immediately notice a difference in how my knee feels when it's on. He also gave me a note pushing back my return to work date till May 5th (if I need to return to my current job)
He said it's all about time for it to heal and patience. Thankfully it's not something that will require another surgery. That was a big fear.
So, all in all, I have been a mopey sad sack for the past 2 weeks and just didn't feel like dragging everyone else down with my whining and complaining, so I just stayed away. Maybe silly, but I tend to retreat when I am not my usual upbeat self. Oh well....
I have a ton of reading to do to catch up with you all.
Will be doing that today!

Thought I should probably take a minute to update things. It's been a long strange couple of weeks.
First off the job hunt: I actually just heard back this morning (2 weeks after the phone interview!?!) I had about given up hope on things, and then I hear back. Weird. They are wanting me to move on to the 2nd stage of interviews for a specific department called "Transaction Resolutions". Hahahaha, it's all Greek to me, so we shall see. It's a M-F, 8 to 5 desk job that has great pay and benefits, so I am very excited about the next steps. One of my friends who works there said it is "one of the departments everyone dreams of getting into", and that it's a great opportunity. X'ing my fingers!!!!!!
Now, the knee:
Uh, not so perfect, but at least I finally have answers. For the past month or so, I have had that bad stabbing pain in the inner side of my knee, that was nearly sending me over the edge. I called my Dr, and I was seen last Friday. Drum roll please................
A grade 1 or 2 tear in the ligament. YAY!
He is quite sure it is from over use, and actually blamed PT. So....NO MORE PT, although he did say I can do gentle exercises in the pool. I have a hinged brace I am supposed to wear, thankfully it is actually comfortable and I immediately notice a difference in how my knee feels when it's on. He also gave me a note pushing back my return to work date till May 5th (if I need to return to my current job)
He said it's all about time for it to heal and patience. Thankfully it's not something that will require another surgery. That was a big fear.
So, all in all, I have been a mopey sad sack for the past 2 weeks and just didn't feel like dragging everyone else down with my whining and complaining, so I just stayed away. Maybe silly, but I tend to retreat when I am not my usual upbeat self. Oh well....
I have a ton of reading to do to catch up with you all.
Will be doing that today!
United States