Bilateral TKR The journey starts now

A day of rest is a good idea after your trip,to the grocery store. Try to limit those activities for a bit longer. It's hard for all of us to avoid the every day things that we want to do. It's especially hard if you live alone.
 
Wow! You are doing fantastic! Keep doing what you're doing. It's working!
 
So i graduated to a part time cane today (short trips) it amazing how tired my legs got what little i was using it, and I'm down to three pain pills a day now!

I have never posted so much on something.
 
Just under 3 weeks.
Totally off pain meds ice only as needed now
Flexion left 105 and right 111, i can drive my truck no problem now(Stick shift) start going to the gym tomorrow for the bike work.
This has been real hard to go thru but yet it's been easier then i thought it would be.
 
Have a care; your recovery is fine but driving and biking will be extra strain. You almost certainly don't need bike training as yet, it's too early in recovery. If you get any swelling or pain, just back off.
 
Last update
Had my first visit to the PT last Thursday my extension is 0 and my flexion is at 121 degrees i am walking totally unassisted 75% of the time, swelling is pretty much gone even after a lot of walking or working out.
I have been cleared by the os to get back on my Harley and ride all this within 4 weeks, i am simply amazed at how well my recovery has gone.

All that said i still have a ways to go to be 100%
 
I have never posted so much on something.

I got tickled reading this! Compared to mine when I was only 4wks out from surgery- yours isn't many postings at all!

Keep right on recovering- your ROM is awesome! And do tell us if you will how that first ride goes after surgery- how exciting for you!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom