Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

So happy to hear you were able to get out, it does help to do something normal. Just a few more days of Levaquin and prob another few days before it's out of your system. Once I was off all medication I felt so much better, I'm sure you will too.

Vent away! That's why we're here! :flwrysmile:
 
Glad to hear you are continuing to move forward. Those wound vac's are amazing at helping to get wounds to heal. Hope your aches and pains subside although you seem to be working thru it all and realize the cause of the aches and pains and hopefully you are done using those medications. I think the nice weather when it arrives and stays will be good for you, you've been so positive thru all this but being able to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Will continue to keep you in prayers.
 
Hi Jen. How are you doing? I hope everything is ok with you. Did you get a lot of sno where you are?
 
Hidey ho!
Feeling better and more human, little by little. I actually walked a bit today in the house with no adaptive aids! Not far, but even that feels like a huge victory after the past few weeks! I hope to feel even better by next week with all remnants of the Levaquin GONE!!!

I started to take Magnesium every night, as per recommendations by my doctors and visiting nurse. I hope to see better sleep and overall wellness once it's gotten into my system. I'm ever hopeful!!

Had a dressing change today. It still has slight odor but you can only smell it when the dressing is off. The hole is hardly recognizable now! I'm really hoping this is my last vac, but I'll find out next week. Also got my labs from last week, and nothing much has changed since the draw from 2 weeks prior to that. I have a draw next week, which will show more how I'm doing and if the infection is coming back. :(

I turn 40 next Friday, and I was hoping to be driving by then, but we'll see. I know that would make me feel much better! Scott's birthday is the 27th and I have his gifts, and I'm never prepared this early!!

Nothing else new, just thinking about the future and digging myself out of this hole (no pun intended...) and getting my life back on track.

Thank you for thinking of me. As for the weather, we lost power last Weds-Thus for about 24 hours, but we were fine. My dad is always prepared. Had about a foot of snow, but it's blown away and it's not a big deal for us seasoned Western NYer's!!! Waiting for more snow this weekend, possibly.

Below are a few pictures. I've kept them as thumbnails so they aren't too big. The first two are from today to show how little it is now! You can see the outer ring/scar that shows how big it used to be. The last picture is the hole 5 days after surgery, just for perspective. Sooo much better!!!

Hope everyone is well!!
Jen
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] The girl with the two fake knees
    0317171014~2.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 270
  • [Bonesmart.org] The girl with the two fake knees
    0317171013c.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 308
  • [Bonesmart.org] The girl with the two fake knees
    0117170935a.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 290
Last edited by a moderator:
It's good to here you are getting better. Driving will come soon enough. A very early Happy Birthday to you. Hopefully you can get out for a dinner to celebrate. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the infection has been licked.
 
I was wondering how the hole was looking. It's really coming along and getting smaller! I hope you're feelings less from the Levaquin every day!
 
I'm glad to hear your wound is progressing well, Jen. At last!
You've been so patient. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before you are driving again and have regained some independence.
 
Oh Jen, it looks so much better! I, too hope that all the infection is gone and stays gone!
 
Read through your story today. Sorry I didn't realize all you have been through with your surgeries, especially your rtkr. I appreciate knowing about the wound vac and all that entails. I'm headed there next week. Bless you for your resolve and strength through all of this. I think I would have wimped out a long time ago. Continued healing to you.
 
Jen! You are a healing champ! The wound looks great. Happy Birthday a bit early I hope you have a great day and that the 40th year is one of health, new opportunities and great relationships!
 
WOW! your wound looks great. Glad to see how well it is healing.
 
Hi Jen, glad to hear you are continuing to heal and that you are finally getting off the antibiotics that have been making you feel bad but hopefully have also helped get rid of your infection. I am still praying for you that all will be normal and you can just move on from here. This weather has just been crazy, just when I am getting used to a walking routine, bam...WIND and snow!!! I waded a 1/2 mile through about 6 inches with the dogs today, I expected to be really swollen but surprisingly I was not. When you get back to feeling better, getting out and about will help!! Keep us up to date on your progress.
Blessings,
Lene'
 
Happy Birthday a bit early too. :) Sounds like you're doing so much better and I wouldn't doubt you just might be driving with your will and drive. I take magnesium every night. I know it helps with other bodily things while on any pain meds.
 
Today has been one of my best days so far. No longer need 2 crutches in the house, and I've been walking around unaided more and more. I just have to do it because my knees are going to work like they should....I'm just not used to that!

I think the Levaquin is slowly getting out of my system, or at least the impact is lessening. I've read a bit on just how awful this med is and won't go on it again, hoping I won't need to anyway. I still have significant shoulder pain, but I'll put that on the back burner for now. Hopefully the Levaquin hasn't ruined them for good! I don't think I can handle another big surgery so soon!

The best news though...I drove my car today!!!!! I got in and out no problem, and no problem moving my leg between the pedals. I'm going to get out a bit more this week. It feels good to blow the stink off and see the world outside my bedroom window.

I see the doctor on Thursday and have another blood draw to finish by then to check on my levels. I'm refusing to think the infection will come back, unless I absolutely have to!!

Anyway, hope everyone is well or at least hanging in there!!

Jen
 
Wow!! It's amazing what a car ride does for your attitude. Good for you! ! I thought about being home bound today. It's not going to be so much fun on gorgeous Spring days but I do have a nice patio I can sit on and watch birds and squirrels in the back yard.
Continued blessings to you....as well as good thoughts in healing.
 
Jen, it's so wonderful that you have your freedom back! Driving is such an independence after being stuck for so long! I hope you continue to heal and be infection free!
 
It's wonderful to hear that you are feeling better after coming off the Levaquin, and that you can drive and have got your freedom back. :yes!: :yay: :dancy:

Have a happy birthday on Friday - now you will be able to go out, to celebrate it. :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
What a great report, Jen! I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better, able to get around and driving! Yay! :egypdance:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom