TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife
Wow, on the picture of Steve at work, I'm sure my claustrophobia would kick in :yikes:
@Nana moon 27 & @Legin are beating each other up in the Cantina, I figured it would
Be quieter here :mcoffee: I was right.
Thinking of you & Steve,
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr: P.S.... I hope Steve gets those 5 days off work around the Holiday :merry christmas:
 
@new knee in June You can hide in the cantina. The only time his claustrophobia kicks in is when he use to have to crawl back into these tight channels on the plane. Since the doctor said no crawling or kneeling one of the younger guys has to do that job. He is still working on ladders most days, but that isn't as bad on his knees. OS said ladders are okay. You have a great day.
 
@tiredwife
The Cantina is crazy, A British Lady & a Scottish Ogre have a language all there own.
Half the time I don't know what is going on :heehee: Don't you have some dusting to do ? :rotfl:
 
Aye there lassie a dinae ken.what ya.mean.hen

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ya canae hide frrrrrrrom the.ogre

Legin THR Sep 14
 
See I.enter the room they all flee. Puts.brown paper bag over head.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@new knee in June I'm getting where I understand them pretty good
@Legin I didn't flee, I am just having a hard time getting around the forum today. It is being mean to me!
Shall we take this to the cantina so we don't get yelled at?
 
@tiredwife WooHoo!! That looks like quite an interesting job!! And I so know about the ladders! It is like I try to grip with my feet and that (and the narrow rungs) make my arches and shins and calves ache like crazy, and then my hips get cranky, too.

I grew up on ladders, in the fruit industry. Nothing like climbing up and down and up and down and up....:yawn:

Give Hubby my best and tell him that he is still my hero!!
 
@Ollie Hubby says LOL, Right now hubby and his new knees are running fiberoptics in the B2. That is what the photo is off. He said he took it easy today, they let him go at his own pace. If he is hurting some days he doesn't do as much. Of course I know he pushes himself harder than he should some times.
 
Hubby gets a new CPAP machine Tuesday, at the hospital during knee 2 it kind of got dropped on the floor and hasn't been working the same. He's had it about 7 years so it's about time for a new one. His knees are doing good. Right knee still has some pain above the knee but we know time will make that better. Left knee he says feels like a normal knee.
 
@tiredwife I had to get a new cpap machine too, I bought a thing that keeps the hose up in the air so don't choke myself works great. My knee no 2 is achy and the darn ankles. I guess it from driving down to meet hubby knee no 2 has decided it does not like me driving yet, which I hardly do, since knee no 2 is so different from knee no 1
 
There has been a lot of improvements in CPAP machines, much quieter for one. I am sure both of you will be pleased.
I dropped my a few months ago, so far it seems none the worse for wear.
Nothing worse than not being able to sleep well due to sleep apnea, on top of having TKR's.
Great news that his left knee feels normal, the right will follow suit in it's own time.
 
It is for sleep apnea, continuous positive airway pressure, keeps the windpipe open during sleep when our muscles relax and for some of us the airway closes. Loud snoring, gasping for breath, falling asleep during the day, and fatigue are all symptoms of sleep apnea.
 
@madinana yes your ankle ouchie is probably from driving, and all your other overdoings that I know you are doing....I have eyes everywhere! mwahaha (evil laugh)


@Pumpkln It didn't mess up right away, just the last several weeks, light started blinking, water heater stopped working, leaking.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@tiredwife does Steve like using his CPap machine? I got one a year ago in July. I used it up until last January or so and just couldn't take it anymore. I am generally not a great sleeper, but dins I sleep better without it. My doctor wasn't happy and wanted me to being it to the hospital when I had this last knee done. I didn't do it and for the first two months od my recovery I was sleeping fine. Now is a different story but it has nothing to do with the Cpap.
 
@Yorkimom His sleep apnea is pretty sever. Not that he likes his machine but he likes breathing! Maybe yours isn't that bad, you might conceder getting retested or having the surgery (although the success rate of the surgery isn't that high) If you stop breathing a lot at night it can lead to all sorts of medical problems including heart attack. The new machines are suppose to be a lot better, easier to exhale and you can do the nasal instead of the whole mask. Do I need to worry about you?
 
@tiredwife, no need to worry about me. When I got tested I had to do the test at home as my insurance company didn't pay for a sleep center test. I had to wear a wire, hooked up to a machine etc. for three nights nights. Talk about restless sleeping. It came back that I stopped breathing 10 times in a hour. 8-11 is classified as mild. I have a newer machine and used the nasal pillows. I just never got comfortable with it. I still have it so if I find that I'm getting worse, I can still use it.
 
I apparently have sleep apnea so I'm.told but not snorring.type. after opp I was breathing 5 times a minute. I.reckon. I was a deep sea pearl diver in.a.prev life.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom