Guest viewing is limited

Standard Shoulder Replacement tazzy13's Recovery Thread

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
 
@SaraK , didn't have to have the aspiration done when they did the ultrasound, there was no fluid to get, blood work came back normal, no infection, got a message today, revision surgery March 16th. As always take care and stay safe.
 
@djklaugh
Thank You. I hope it's smooth sailing. Don;t see to many revision surgeries on here.
 
OK my biggest worry is not being able to get the nerve block done for the surgery, because of the reaction I had before, Just hope they have some good drugs ordered for the first couple of days, not sure if I will be staying 1 or 2 days, guess it all depends how much repair work she has to do, and if she does the reverse replacement, how much trouble she has getting the other one out.at least I have a month to get things ready, and I know some of what I'm in for. Always take care, stay safe.
 
So glad you were able to avoid the aspiration and get the all clear for surgery! Yes, one month to prepare but you've done it before and know what to focus on! I wish you could get the nerve block because it is so helpful, but they'll have more time to experiment (yeah, not necessarily the word a surgery patient wants to hear :heehee:) with the meds to find the right one for you since you'll be staying in the hospital. It's harder to do when they're sending you home with a prescription.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you to get a successful resolution!
 
@SaraK ,Just letting you know I never ended up getting the revision surgery, I ended up with a bowl obstruction and had to have emergency surgery X's 3 the end of Feb. was in the hospital over a month. Doing much better now. Will see the surgeon next month for my 1 year checkup and see how much more it is slipping out of the socket. Take care, stay safe. Hope you are well..
 
My goodness - you have been put through the wringer! I'm glad you're better and out of the hospital now. Take care of yourself - I found it more difficult to recover from minor abdominal laparoscopic surgery than my hip replacement. I hope they discovered the cause for the obstruction to prevent this happening again.
 
@Sarak,sorry so late on update, it was all scare tissue they left me with just over 5 feet of my small intestine so now I have what they call short gut syndrome, so many different drs to see. plus I had to have an iron infusion , What is going on now is I have the pleasure of a full thickness tear in my left shoulder. will bee the DR. soon and update on what she says. As always take care and stay safe.
 
@tazzy13 - wow - you're going thru so much. I know someone else that has to deal with SBS and it does require major dietary changes. You can deal with it, though, and eventually it becomes your normal.

I'm sorry to hear about the major tear and hope you're doing well enough now for the surgeon to be able to do the revision!

Take care!
 
@SaraK , The best thing is I've lost almost 43lbs. Doctor doesn't like it ,but I'm loving it wouldn't mind about 30 more LOL. malabsorption and vitamin deficiency issues along with anemia . but no major issues. I'm alive so alls good wasn't sure I would make it when I went sever sepsis but I did. Take care,stay safe.
 
@SaraK As long as I get cleared from Pulmonary then my ROTATOR CUFF , ACROMIOPLASTY will be done Nov.23rd. another 6 weeks in the sling and again 6 weeks in CPM chair. wont start therapy till the 6 week mark. just hope all my test come back in my favor. will find out early next month will let you know how it goes, an if surgery is a go. as always stay safe, take care
 
Keeping my fingers crossed! Will they use the CPM for rotator cuff? I wasnt supposed to do much of anything the first 6 weeks - they just wanted it to stay in the shortest position for the full 6 weeks.
 
Last edited:
@SaraK ,Yes she wants me to use the CPM chair for 6 weeks after surgery 4-5 hrs a day. It wasn’t so bad the last time, so hopefully the same this time.I know I will have to be more careful after rotator cuff repair. As always stay safe, take care.
 
@SaraK , got all my clearances so surgery is Nov. 23rd.Should be out patient unless the hospital was me to stay overnight.also depends how much she needs to do.As always take care,stay safe.
 
One week to go. Getting everything good to go. Doing Thanksgiving dinner for the family Saturday. CPM Chair will be delivered on Monday. Christmas shopping done and wrapped. Everyone stay safe Happy Holidays.
 
How's it going Tazzy? Almost 2 weeks out from surgery?
 
@SaraK , so sorry I haven’t gotten back with you,so much going on,Although it showed a major tear, once she got in there she didn’t find one. Major arthritis,bone spurs and lots of junk. She cleaned it all out, and told me I’d be looking at a replacement down the road. Now it’s been acting up worse so went and got a cortisone shot in it last week and now dealing with a cortisone storm, just my luck. Other than that the right replacement has been behaving itself for the most part. As always take care and stay safe.
 
@tazzy13 - cortisone storm doesn't sound good. I'm sorry the first surgery didn't fix the problem. The cortisone issue probably reduces your options going forward. You've had such a tough last couple of years - it's time for your luck to turn around! Are they still planning the revision on the right? Would you need to do that before the replacement on the left?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom