THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Today was a very slow day and I am finding my hips are better but occastionly I get sharp pain in the thigh. Then it stays nume for the rest of the day. When it first happen it was right after receiving a new hip. Slowly the feeling returned. Not all feeling returned but got smaller. Now it is getting larger again and is very tender has been added. I thought that once the feeling returned after the surgrey, it stayed. Now I find some days it all numb, very sore to touch. Have anyone had this? The hip is almost 2 years old. With all the fires please be safe with the smoke. Everyone do take care. Tashia
 
My hips are doing pretty good except for pain in the goin on the left side. It sometime is pretty intense. Had wonderful day with fresh air because of the rain. It also helped the fires. Clean the air. WOW. Everyone do take care with all the fires and smoke in the air. Tashia
 
tashia thought I'd stop by today and say hey! It sounds like you are taking good care of yourself, and I love it that you encourage us to dream those big dreams :)
I'm only 15 weeks post-op, and I'm having that same "now it's numb, now it's got feeling back, oops now it's numb again" thing. The front and side of my thigh are involved, and there is tenderness and pain too. If I try to sleep or lie on that side it starts up again. So I wait another month to sleep on that side, things improve, and then bam! the day after I try sleeping on that side it's all back again. Maybe it's just something that takes forever and a day to resolve!

I think I had a sewing dream the other night. I have this vague memory of gorgeous fabrics and lush ballgowns and jewels dripping off the clothing-- even if I didn't actually have that dream, it's great to think about! Maybe someday I will be a seamstress who specializes in sumptuous ballgowns....:heehee:

Take care! :)
 
zauberflöte, I do hope your dream comes true and if so please post the picture of the ballgowns. Sometimes in our dreams our ambitions come out. I find that my numb side depends on the activity that I am doing. If I get real tired it really is a pain. Also if the area is numbed by the operation I found as the feeling comes back it is tender. This time the tender part is staying longer than the other area of numbness I had right around the knees. When I get the messages the numb part still doesn't have much feeling but I can feel the pressure. We will get to the finish line in our own time. We will get there in our time. Take care and thank you for visiting me. Tashia
 
This morning I am having pain in the crouch on the side that the hip been done. Has anyone had this and if so what did you do. Do I need to be worried about this and go to the doctor? It has been building up in pain for a couple of days. Everyone do take care with all the smoke and now the heat. Tashia
 
I hope everyone has a good day and not too much smoke gets into their eyes. We are also having some heat so staying indoor is important. My day has begun hopefully it will be a good day.
 
I find that if I do something like drive or do shopping I get very tired and spend the early night crying. They are't hurting so I guess its trying to get ride of all the stuff that happened with all the surgies. I didn't get the pain controled until the last one. MY hips don't hurt tonight after driving. Got some plants today. Now I need to get some soil so I can bring flowers back into my life. The three years of four surgies really was very emotional for me. No dought the fact that I live by myself played a part in it. The flowers are so beautiful on the patio. I am looking for a favoiate plant, I will have to see if I can find it. Good to have the pain controlled and be able to do things again. Tashia
 
Right now I know I need a appointment to see about the left hip. Feeling better emotionally so that is good. The day was so beautiful with a very nice ride to see the weather and all the trees starting to change. Everyone do take care with all the stuff that is happening. Tashia
 
tashia Well spotted Pumpkln - happy 2nd birthday to Tashia's hip! Now just look after yourself, Tashia, we know you don't really want any more surgery but if you need that other hip - well, at least you know what to expect.
Onto more cheerful things - we have a dinner dance for our Yacht Club in 3 weeks, fancy ballgown time and I am despairing at finding something to wear. It's alright for the men, no-one is going to say "You wore that tux last year" and anyway, I have lost some weight and nothing I have fits properly! All the shops say they will have dresses in stock in time for Christmas parties but that is too late - I may have to go and buy some fabric and make something! That will also mean a trip out somewhere as there aren't many fabric shops left now, so much is done on the internet (and so few people in this country sew or knit). I like to "touch and feel" before buying! :heehee: Was it zauberflöte who was dreaming about ballgowns? I want something silky and brightly coloured, a rich red or maybe peacock blue. Or purple. Or jade. Certainly not black!
Thinking of you :friends:
Anne
 
Hi Tashia, just checking in on you and your hips. I'm a knee girl, so I don't know much about hip pain and let's keep it that way. :yes:

You haven't been doing the Merengue over there, swinging those hips around have you? :egypdance: Trying to add a little humor to our recovery saga. :giggle: Sigh........ :sigh:
 
Nannyannie, That sounds so exciting. Yes there is life after replacements. When you find a dress I would love to see a picture of it. Also losing weight or that is even more exciting. As for the hip I was told that when the other one was done it will at some time need replacing. But I will make sure its not as bad as the other one before replacement. Take care and keep having fun. Pumpkln Thank you for the wish, I hope that everything went great today. Have a happy birthday knne Day. Bionic woman2, For a few of us we have to have the hips and knees done. I hope and pray that its just the knee that you had replaced is the only one. After this hip is done than I will be able to do all the dances. Thank you all for wishing my hip a happy birthday. Have a blast this weekend. Tashia
 
You will be truly bionic with the second THR Tashia my good friend... Xx
 
Poppet, Thanks my friend. I missed my appointment because I sleep thru it. I will have to email and make another appointment. Well its Friday the 13th and if this is the worse things that can happen its not bad. Yesterday was so draining but I did have so much fun. The fabric I found is so georus. Now I will have to see is I have enough following fabic to make a quilt. Or have to go to more stores to get all the just right ones. :heehee: Have a good weekend. Rest if you need too and then have a good weekend with a good movie. LOL Tashia
 
I hope and pray that its just the knee that you had replaced is the only one.

Going for round 2 next week on the 18th... DING!:scary: Then I will have a matching pair. Right now it's like having half of my body done. :yikes:

Not looking forward to the first few weeks,:groan: but looking forward to the outcome. :yes:
 
Blonic women2, It does feel better after both are done. I was so glad when I got the other one done. Yes the first couple of weeks are ruff but the outcome WOW. Take care and do remember go slow and don't forget the ice. Take care. Tashia
 
My hip is doing so great but at time it does hurt. I went out of town this weekend and the pain that I have isn't in the hip itself its in the front of the thigh. Which does surprise me becasue it is muscle pain not in the area where the replacement but the replacement isn't feeling its the area around it. I do feel that I made a big jump in recover . I just had a two year birthday so for me the hip does heal faster that the knees. I know this is also just me and not anyone else. Each on of us have our jouney to travel and same with pain. If anything has been learned out of this is the very important of the surgan. The OS is the most important of all. If its done right you are so lucky and I believe that your recover will be smotther that if not. I had the same doctor do all three and feel so lucky that I found one of the best. Everyone do take care and make sure you stay safe with Fall coming and Spring coming. Tashia
 
Well I got the news on my other hip. It is starting to misbehave. Last time I had one spot that was starting to space now it is the whole hip, if I read it right. So from now on I will have to keep a eye on it. Once it starts I go fast so who knows. When my knee was done it was close to normal and a little over a year it's starting to hurt some days in the crouch. I just hope that when it times I will be able to have it done in a reasable time frame. I am so concerned about our Heath Insurance and how its going to go. Thats is all I going to say. I wish I had the other hip done or just getting it done. Well this one is for God. Everyone take care do have a good weekend and if you have some extra time drop in to our party in the Social room. We are sure having a good time. Take care
 
Back
Top Bottom