TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

I'm still on this forum because of my knees, not because of other problems, but they are all related. I'm sorry if what we were discussing is considered "fluff". I got up this morning after a poor night sleep in spite of the tablet, and awful pain in both knees, and am upset because people were only trying to help me. I always was too sensitive, but I can't change that.
You might want to ask @dianehelen about how to upload. She is very computer literate!
I'm sorry you were upset, Tabby. I hope you're feeling better now.

It's perfectly OK to say that music (or colouring) have helped you. Nothing wrong with that at all, as long as the conversation does not get too long or wander into something else.

Just for future information, ladies, BoneSmart has two areas where it is more appropriate to post a query like how to post a video:
Bugs, Errors, and Techy Questions
and
How To Use This Forum

If you post in one of those, the answer will be available for everyone using BoneSmart, and not just for those reading one person's recovery thread.

I hope that helps.
 
@Celle I'm sorry I posted my question in the wrong place, I know now. This forum is so big, sometimes I get lost!
I do think it's sometimes difficult to keep a thread to only knee related issues, because all sorts of other things relate to recovery, and other people often have good ideas which are slightly off topic, but I'll try to keep it on track from now on. Thanks for your help and concern.
Tabby xxx
 
I totally understand your feelings. I think most of us do not consider your thoughts fluff or nonsense. Having your knees sliced up, bones hammered, and foreign matter implanted can be a very trying and emotional event in addition to the physical pain it causes. I'm sorry you are having a difficult time and wish we could all surround you with a GIANT hug!!

I sent you an email, hope to hear from you soon

Love n hugs
Diane
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
Thanks @dianehelen I know you understand. Now these are fluffy. Big hugs back.
 
The teletubbies hug made me smile. Just so you know, anxiety/worry post TKR have been as bad or worse for me that the physical pain. The post TKR anxiety management tool in your thread got me off the ledge several times (the 54332 technique) . And I never even thought to pull out my music til I read it here. Music therapy for pain/anxiety has well-documented positive outcomes, yet I forgot it!

I hope you have a knee-zig day. :)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Tabby, I am so sorry your new pill didn't help you. Maybe after a few nights it will. I pray so. I am with you all the way and am part of that huge group hug. And yes, our knees are connected to the rest of our bodies and it all effects us through this recovery! I love you, sister! We are of the same Spirit!
 
Thanks everyone for being such a lovely caring bunch. I don't think I could get through this without you.
 
I'm still on this forum because of my knees, not because of other problems, but they are all related. I'm sorry if what we were discussing is considered "fluff" and am upset because people were only trying to help me
I really had hoped you all would understand that I wasn't trying to be dictatorial or harsh.

It's to do with the forum's presence on the internet and in Google searches. Google is pretty strict with us if our threads stray off topic as it then effects our Google rankings which are crucial to the presence of the forum. It's a fine line and we tried our best to explain it in that link I left.

You see, a while back we had a group of members that created threads that really were fluff posts and our presence on Google was in danger of being affected because of it so we had to make it stop. Please understand that this forum is no good to anybody searching for help and support if it doesn't show up well on a Google search.
 
Well I took another Atarax last night, and I've started drinking a shot glass of tart cherry juice before bed, and I think I slept quite well. My knee was definitely less stiff when I got up this morning. I'm also trying out a TENS machine and it seems to take the edge off the knee pain (the left knee as well as the TKR).
 
Oh Tabby, that's such good news! Nobody can buy a good night's sleep. It's a gift and a huge blessing! I bought the tens that Josephine recommended, but had no relief. That's a month or so ago. It might work better for me now since I have healed some more. I pray it continues to help you!
 
@Tabbycat I am so sorry to read that you are still suffering so with your knees and anxiety. I still have pain in both knees which appears to be related to tendons rather than the TKRs, but it is still painful and very worrying. My husband and I are also suffering from lack of sleep as our beloved dog, pictured, has developed dementia and wanders around all night whimpering, wining and barking, and won't sit down unless the light is on. My dear husband has had to sleep in the spare room with an eye mask on and the light on, but I have been lying awake worrying about them. Yesterday morning we couldn't take any more and the dog is staying at the Vet hospital over the weekend. We have decided that come Monday we will have to have him put to sleep, so we don't feel too happy at the moment and the whole house seems subdued. I do hope that you will soon be relaxed, happy and pain free. In fact I wish that for all BoneSmart users.
 
@Majic, Jackie, my heart goes out to you. I know what it's like to have to make that final decision. It's being a good parent to put their needs ahead of ours. But, man is it hard. I have a going on 21 year old cat that has developed that, too. She was awful at night, would just cry and cry. I found that putting her on the bed with me help calm her down so we both could sleep. She's also now having some kidney issues, so it's just a matter of time. I will be praying that you find peace in this difficult time.
 
Hi @Majic, thank you for your caring thoughts. Yes, I'm going through a difficult time, but I know I'm not alone. I'm sorry to hear you are still having pain too, it's been a long time for you. Lack of sleep, and thinking about your beloved little dog makes things so much worse too. Last year, on Valentine's Day, our five year old rescue dog unfortunately tried to bite a passer by when he was out on his walk. We had to make the awful decision to have him put to sleep in case he did it again. He had been rescued from the pound where he was badly treated, and never regained his trust in humans. I broke my heart. No words can really help, but I understand how you feel.
Tabby xxx
 
@Majic I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I hope you can remember all the good times that you had with him over the years.

Tabby I hope that you are able to get some more sleep tonight and your knee pain lessens every day.
 
Tabby, I hope the atarax will work this time. So sorry to hear about your rescue dog. It's just so sad.
 
Do you know what, @mamazipp, I'm almost afraid to say it, but my TKR knee has been a teeny bit better the last few days, Saturday in particular. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much because I've had so many setbacks, but I think maybe at last it's beginning to improve. I can tell by those first few steps in the morning. I'm still taking a Cocodamol and a paracetamol when I need to, and am trying the new 12 hour Voltarol gel. The GP said if I find it any good she can give it me on prescription (and prescriptions in Wales are free). I've also just bought a bath lift, can't for the life of me think why I didn't get one before, but now I can have a (partial) soak. It's great! I'm going for counselling on Wednesday, I probably should have sought this kind of help long ago, but I'm the sort of person who finds asking for help difficult sometimes, I feel that I should be able to cope with things myself. But all this has really got on top of me, and I've been getting to the end of my tether, and scaring my husband with talk of impending nervous breakdown, I have really felt that bad.
So wish me luck for Wednesday and I hope it will have the positive effect I need at the moment.
Thanks, everyone, for your ongoing support.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom