TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

I agree with Clara @uva55 about music and anxiety. When I was in school with exams coming up, I would clap headphones over my head, throw a blanket over me, and lie back and listen to baroque brass for 20 minutes or so. Calmed me like no other music could. Something about the precision of the rhythms and the very rigorous musical theory in baroque brass is so soothing. Here's one I was just listening to last night.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
@greatlakes, Thank you so much for that lovely piece of Haydn! That lifted my spirits so much this morning. I know what you mean about classical music and baroque in particular. I love Bach too, but Mozart is my favourite. If you like classical have you heard Alma Deutscher? The premier of her opera Cinderella is in in Vienna this December. It's incredible to thinks she's still only eleven! She's written a wonderful violin concerto too, you can hear the 2nd and 3rd movements on YouTube.
Can anyone tell me how to upload videos from an iPad, I can't work out how to do it.
Love to everyone,
Tabby xxx
 
@Tabbycat, beautiful. I also love the classics. The 1812 Overture is one of my favorites. When I hear those cannons going off, I just burst out into tears! You might want to ask @dianehelen about how to upload. She is very computer literate!
 
@greatlakes,
Can anyone tell me how to upload videos from an iPad, I can't work out how to do it.
Love to everyone,
Tabby xxx

I dont think this forum allows a direct video upload, but if it is a video that is online you can use the add medial button, shown here, just enter or copy/paste the internet URL, then select embed
Hope that helps

*******************************************************************************************
Picture Below
[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<

[Bonesmart.org] Tabbycat's Recovery<
 
Thanks @dianehelen. I tried with a video from my photos but maybe you can't upload those. I wish I was clever with computers. We had them in school, but if I got stuck I'd just ask one of the nursery children.
@sistersinhim we have been to a couple of Classic FM concerts in Cardiff and the 1812 is always the grand finale with fireworks and everything. Then I'm humming the tune for the next three days.
I went to the GP this morning. I described my anxiety symptoms and joint pain and she said that must be exhausting. She's given me some Atarax to help me sleep and hopefully alleviate some of the anxiety, and a week tomorrow I go for blood test for inflammation markers.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Tabbycat your best bet is to upload your video to YouTube, then you can insert the url in the way I showed.

I don't think this forum allows direct video upload
 
Tabby, I'm so glad your GP listened to you. She sounds very empathetic. I hope the atarax helps you get some much needed rest and relief.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
ADMIN ANNOUNCEMENT​
Ladies, can I just draw your attention to this announcement Announcement regarding off topic, 'fluff' or nonsense posts.

I would remind you that this is clearly a forum for a certain topic, being joint replacements and this subforum is for knee replacements. From post 722 to here, I would say that the posts are very definitely off topic. Therefore I have to ask you to desist and revert to on-topic comments. Failure to comply with this request may result in the problem posts being deleted.

There are other places you can discuss this: the Social Room, PMs or even Facebook. But please not here.
 
@Tabbycat, getting good sleep is healing and I hope you will be able to get plenty of zzzzs!
 
Tabby, I hope the atarax will help to relax you. And music, too, is soothing as well.
Love, mamazipp
 
Eek, I threw us off course, apologies, and hope we all find great ways to sooth knee anxiety whatever those methods may be! Tabbycat, hope the new medication helps. We all need our sleep.
 
I'm still on this forum because of my knees, not because of other problems, but they are all related. I'm sorry if what we were discussing is considered "fluff". I got up this morning after a poor night sleep in spite of the tablet, and awful pain in both knees, and am upset because people were only trying to help me. I always was too sensitive, but I can't change that.
 
@greatlakes the music idea seemed very supportive of Tabbycat's need for anxiety relief which has been plaguing her during her difficult recovery. I consider anxiety relief tips so important in this journey. We've all had our meltdown, inconsolable moments.
@Tabbycat we all are thinking of you.
 
Tabbycat, it's because you are a lovely person that we all want to help you, just like you help us! I'm not upset, just accepting I went a bit too far and was rightfully corrected. If fact, to cheer you up, I will quote from the Whiffenpoof song: "we're poor little lambs who have lost our way." And now all together for the chorus - "bah, bah, bah." There, do I have you giggling? And to be serious, another lady posted today about how adult coloring books calm her, which seems like another good anxiety relief. And I agree with you about @mamazipp . And my gosh, it's 4:00 am which is excessive even for a retiree, goodnight all!
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom