Guest viewing is limited

TKR Swmrgirl Is Up For Air

I'm glad your pain is well managed. I also took oxycodone also, while I experienced some constipation (Miralax helped) and felt a bit loopy, I was willing to put up with that in order to keep my pain at bay.
 
@swmrgirl , please do take the advice to of @KarriB about the Miralax. I was on stool softener so but they didn't work for me , I started on the Miralax once I already had "the problem" . I hope you continue on your road to recovery!

Lili
 
@Lili and @swimmergirl the hospital was giving my Senacot and or Colace with no "result". My favorite nurse recommended Miralax (just one reason he was my fav) and in a day or so the problem was solved. I believe I was taking Senacot with Miralax. Once things got moving I had no problems in that area.
 
@Clipless, I have the Zipline closure too. I can't see mine because my leg is still wrapped up. Maybe I'll get to see it tomorrow. Take care
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @KarriB. I've been given Senekot and something else. I did buy a big bottle of Mirialax and something else that I can't remember, which I will start as soon as I get home.

It sounds like they're going to send me home tomorrow afternoon, yay! Can't wait to get in my own bed and PJs.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad you get to go home tomorrow- you'll be much more comfortable in familiar surroundings. After my 2nd TKR (last week) I was determined to get into my own clothes asap despite an IV and foley catheter. And I did! I made my daughter help me, poor thing. When my OS knocked the following morning I was dressed, smiling, and sitting on the edge of my bed having breakfast. He was floored, HA!

I have a tip to share regarding "regularity" that I picked up from some female celebrity (Cameron Diaz?) on an a.m. talk show, and it really works: WATER. Every morning have your breakfast, then drink the better part of one of those 16.9 oz bottles of water. Follow this up with a little walk around the house. You will go! The hardest time is the first time due to surgery drugs still in your system. I recently purchased a purified water dispenser to remind myself to drink, and so I wouldn't keep buying wasteful plastic bottles.
 
Okay I'll remember that about the water. I've been well hydrated in the hospital and I will keep up with that. I have a big pitcher at home with measurements on it, so I'll fill it every morning and that will be a good keep track. I think I'm also going to need some help with senna.

I haven't slept in two nights except for a little dozing here and there, and I'm wide awake now. I went 6.5 hours between pain meds, which was not good... I guess I had to learn my lesson the hard way. Set my alarm so I won't do that again.

My BP was low today and tonight 88/56, I hope that doesn't mean I can't go home tomorrow. Anyone else have this happen?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@swmgirl: so glad to hear your surgery and your recovery are going so well. It's funny to hear how important BM's have become to us. We sound like my 90-ish parents! I'm hoping to be released this Saturday and can't wait to be back in my own home. Keep healing and telling us how you're doing.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just finished my last in-hospital PT. my ROM is 3/88. The therapist was great as he didn't push me at all, just encouraged me to do what I could. Practiced stairs with one crutch, and did well enough so that I feel like I'll be able to get into my house without much problem. He talked a lot about not over doing exercises at home, and I hope the in-home PT has the same philosophy.

I'm taking roxicodone 10mg every 4 hours. It does the trick, but might be a little strong for me.

All in all I'm feeling really good and can't wait to go home this afternoon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes @BusterBeans, it does seem to be an important topic these days. Nurse gave me milk of magnesia, which was much too strong. Hoping with the amount of water I drink, that I'll only need to drink senna tea and take the occasional Senokot. More on that later. Hope you get to go home soon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@swmrgirl So very happy for you that you are done with the hospital and on your way home! What a blessing for you as well as everyone who has had surgeries on this site. Wishing you all well with great hope for your future endeavors!! Well done!! :):)
 
@Timetolive I came home with crutches and a walker. The PT felt I would be fine with crutches, but the walker feels a little more stable right now while I'm taking pain meds, and feel a little loopy.

@saanmar I am so exhausted, and didn't get much sleep in the hospital I'm just going to stay in bed for the next few days and rest, ice, elevate, etc.

@Thesoutherncook it took quite a while to get settled in this afternoon, but so happy to be home. My husband has been very sweet and helpful. I think he's going to need a vacation in Hawaii after he's done nursing me back to health.

@Stefny Thank you for your much needed words of encouragement. I feel so well supported by our community. It's quite amazing how kind people are. And just when you need some answers, someone magically shows up with an article. Thanks @Celle

Now time to catch some more zzzzzzzzs.
 
Back
Top Bottom