Guest viewing is limited

TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

I haven't experienced the clicking when walking but when my OS saw me for post op visit I definitely heard and felt it when he moved my leg a certain way. It freaked me out but he just laughed and said it was totally normal. I don't know about when walking though. Sounds like maybe you did a little too much yesterday. Hope your swelling goes down.
 
You sound like wonderful person. Bless you. If you were having trouble before your TKR, it may take a little longer to recover, that was my experience. Back off on heel slides and rest more. It'll come, but the most important variable is time. Swelling slows everything down, so make that your priority.
 
Last night I had the best sleep I’ve had in 5 weeks. I slept 10 hours straight!! I feel so refreshed today.
10 hours? It takes me 3 days to get that much sleep!:heehee: Take it easy, don't do too much too fast.
 
I hope you get better sleep Breadman. For some reason extra strength Tylenol makes me relax and helps me sleep better. I’m assuming I would know if I had an infection? I do not have a fever and my knee is not red. It is warm to the touch though but so was my right knee after TKR. My surgeon assured me that it will be warm for a while.
Has anyone on here had an infection with no fever?
 
Just curious . Probably just because of the swelling .
 
I’ve actually read of more members who’ve had an infection without a fever than have. However I had a very high fever and actually thought I had the flu (I was miserable) until the seeping from a closed incision began a day later. There wasn’t a great deal of redness or pain and I had great flexion.

I think it’s normal for a knee to be warm for a few months while healing is taking place.
 
So today I go see my surgeon for my 6 week check up. Knee is still swollen but minimal pain. It’s a little stiff as well but I have good bend and can straighten. I’ll let you all know what he says today. Thank you all so much for your support. It means so much to me :)
 
I just saw my surgeon. Knee is still swollen but nothing out of the ordinary. May continue to have swelling up to 6 months. Will see him back in 6 more weeks. He said to continue to ice, elevate, take my Celebrex and try the stationary bike 5 minutes a day. My bend and knee straightening looked good too, I’m feeling very happy with my report!!
 
I haven't experienced the clicking when walking but when my OS saw me for post op visit I definitely heard and felt it when he moved my leg a certain way. It freaked me out but he just laughed and said it was totally normal. I don't know about when walking though. Sounds like maybe you did a little too much yesterday. Hope your swelling goes down.
When I went to the 6 week checkup, my OS grabbed the lower part of my knee and shook it vigorously, like he was trying to give it "shaken baby syndrome." I was surprised, and my DW freaked out by the loud noises. OS said "that's perfectly normal." That gave me a few months where I won't be worrying about any small or moderate noises that happen. It is still wierd though.
 
It’s been a little over a week since I checked in. I’m still swollen but not nearly what I was 2 weeks ago. It’s been 7 weeks since my surgery. Yesterday I think I did way too much and my knee felt it. I’m feeling tightness on the left side of my knee and also pain on the inside of my knee. Today I’m staying home and icing and elevating. Do you think it would be ok to do the bike tonight or should I hold off? I haven’t done many exercises the past week. Just normal daytime activity. Will I lose my range of motion if I don’t exercise?
Let me know what you all think ?
 
Thank you Sisters. Did you have pain if you did too much?
 
Keep in mind, it’s not exercising that gets our range of motion back, it’s Time:

Time to recover.
Time for pain and swelling to settle.
Time to heal.

Our range of motion is right there all
along just waiting for that to happen so it can show itself.

In the general run of things, it doesn't need to be fought for, worked hard for or worried about. It will happen. Exercise as in strength training is counter-productive and in the early weeks does more harm than good. Normal activity is the key to success.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom