Guest viewing is limited

TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

@Jockette, I agree! One year ago I would be in agony walking in sand. Steps as well. I’ll just keep walking and doing very low impact exercises and hopefully the stiffness will get better everyday :)
 
@SuzyQ58 , I am only about 8.5 weeks into recovery, but I wanted to share something that helps to loosen up my knees. I do this exercise at physical therapy and at home. It requires one of those large exercise balls. You lay on your back with your heels on the ball and gently rock the ball towards you and away, repeat, etc. I do it every morning :) Also, you posted about swelling in your foot and ankle while down in Florida. I get swelling when I am in humid climates. Could that have had something to do with it possibly? I am curious, too, because you talked about your one knee clicking. Mine clicks, too. Do you have the same kind or different implants in each of your knees? I know everyone says it’s normal, but I wonder if it has to do with the type of implant, too. I am sure I will get used to it. I much prefer the click than the grinding feeling of crepitus I had before!
 
@Irish471 Thank you so much for suggesting the exercise ball. I’ll have to try that! We actually have one at home. I’m assuming my implants are the same. The same surgeon did both my surgeries. My swelling has gone done considerably so that’s good. I’m going to a wedding today and wearing heels for the first time since my surgeries so I’ll let you know how that goes! Hope your recovery is going well :)
 
So I haven’t been on for a while because I was doing so good. My husband and I are down in Florida now. I wanted to clean our house before our kids came down. I had to kneel on our bed to dust the top of our bed. When I got off the bed and started to walk my right knee is in severe pain! Not sure what I did. Is it bad to kneel after TKR. This knee was replaced 14 months ago. I’m so mad at myself. I hope I didn’t mess something up!!!! Please let me know what you all think!
 
Some members can’t kneel at all, some can, and some can but don’t because it doesn’t feel good.

My first thought is that you most likely “just” upset the soft tissue near the knee, especially since you were kneeling on the bed and not on a hard surface.

I’d give it some time to settle down, and baby it for a while. If you continue to have concerns call your doctor.
 
I avoid getting on the floor because it does hurt me to kneel. But sometimes it is unavoidable. It can be a bit sore for a little while but no permanent trouble.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom