Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

Congratulations @SusieShoes! What a great addition to the talented BS staff. :egypdance:. I hope you will get some vacation days to join us on our wine and cycling adventure . . :yes: It kind of feels like the end of the movie "an Officer and a Gentleman when Debra Winger goes off with Richard Gere and her co-workers in the factory are all cheering her on . . .
 
Susie, of course you know what to do! Just continue to be your ever so helpful and encouraging self!;)
 
Way to go @SusieShoes! You will be a great addition to the Bonesmart staff. You are smart and caring and funny which is what most of the followers of this forum need!
 
Congratulations on joining the Bone Smart staff! You are a constant source of practical information and always have a positive outlook.
 
Three and a Half Months: Lefty Turns a Corner

If you've been reading my saga, you know that my left knee has been the bane of my recovery. In the one corner I had Righty, the SuperKnee. Righty recovered like a champ. Righty has been pain free for months. At least since week three. And in the other corner...

Lefty. Lefty remained painful for months. Oh, the pain got less as time passed, but every encounter with PT made it five times worse. Sleeping in any position but with Lefty propped on the Lounge Doctor resulted in a day of pain. Lefty hurt with every bend of the knee... think about that. Knees BEND. They're built to bend, and they're supposed to bend, so they bend. As a result, Lefty hurt a lot.

But Lefty has been improving all the time. I chronicled his progress. He became more and more pain-less, and then pain-free. I haven't said much lately about Lefty because Lefty has settled down and started to behave.

Today, I can say with confidence that Lefty is PAIN FREE. He's been pain-free for over a week. He's been pain-free while I've been side-sleeping for seven days. Lefty... is over the hump.

Which means I now have TWO new, fully functional, pain-free knees.

What's left of my recovery? A lot. For one thing, this stiffness upon waking and getting up from long periods sitting has to go. For another, I need to continue to improve my ROM and leg strength. Stairs are not yet completely carefree and natural. Swimming is in my future, I hope, as is dancing. I will someday squat (at least a little) and kneel. Kneeling is something I am determined to do. My OS said I could. If the implants will kneel, I will make it to kneeling.

But for now... the knees are doing just great. I'm really, REALLY, happy I had this surgery. Best decision I've made since Mr. Shoes.
 
Congratulations on your Forum Advisor title. You will provide great inspiration to others!

I like the other new title too: Well-Known Member. :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom