Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone... I am 4days post btkr and am getting ready to go out for my first day of pt. So far I think I am doing well as long as I Stay on top of my pain meds. I do know that I would have had a hard time at home by myself . @Josephine can you change thereof thead to postoperative.
 
@Mags113. You're doing great! For me, the first week or two were difficult but not impossible. Stairs, however, have been a bit hard for me so I'm impressed with your progress. My house is all on one level so I can take my time getting proficient in climbing stairs (I'm doing very well with them now but I'm seven weeks post op).

I see you live in Maryland. We're in Florida but we lived in Annapolis for many years and I still miss it at times. Beautiful place!
 
Best wishes for a comfortable recovery. I had BTKR and returned home from the hospital on day #3. I have 15 stairs, and was able to do them safely without problem. Going up was slow, but not too painful. I found that going down sideways felt safer and was easier for me. The first week or two, I only went up and down once during the day, but probably could have done more if needed. Please let me know if you have any questions - and good luck!
 
Hi everyone! Still a little loopy from pain med. I think I am doing well considering. I am at my daughter's all on one floor. I am able to get in and out on the tub to shower. A lot of the swelling has gone down....the purple and bruising is going away. I can get dressed on my own after shower. I am doing all my exercises that my pt gave me. I go back to him tomorrow. Pain is fine as long as I don't miss a dose. I am able to walk at 200 feet with the walker.
 
@Mags113 Glad you are continuing to see improvement and celebrating each accomplishment. Best wishes.
 
@Mags113
Welcome to the other side!
Great to hear you are doing so well at your daughter's place. It is nice to have others take care of us sometimes and not have to worry about fixing something to eat, cleaning and the like.

Could you do the staff a huuuuuuuge favor?
Please add a signature with surgery details.
There is a difference if someone is a year post op vs 3 month post op vs 6 weeks vs. yesterday ...... :yes:
And whether it is one TKR or both. It helps us when responding to your posts, and allows members to share with you based on their experiences.

Maybe something like:
BTKR, and the date;
and list any other pertinent surgeries after the BTKR.

Here are even more instructions for adding a signature!
ADD SIGNATURE
Thank you so much!
 
@Mags113 - you sound really positive and that is much of the battle! Be gentle with yourself and remember there will be GREAT DAYS and then some not so great days... It's all part of the fun. My therapist told me to keep my back straight and look to the end of the road I'm traveling .... A hallway, a city block, or COMPLETE RECOVERY. I think he was right! Go get 'em....


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Mags113 I just found your recovery thread. Welcome to the Bilateral Club! Someone is supposed to be along with the secret handshake.... I had BTKR a on Sept. 17. You sound like you're doing great! I felt like I was doing great til I realized I was taking the max painkillers allowed and would run out soon if I continued. I cut back and life has not been as comfortable. I'm only adding this because you may want to count your pills and make sure you have enough to make it to your next OS appt. as Hydrocodone requires a physical prescription. I added Tylenol to my "schedule" and I think it has helped. Remember to ice and elevate! :flwrysmile:
 
@Mags113, you certainly are amazing and making me feel better about my journey to come! From what I've read though, it's best to not overdo it and pace yourself. I trust you are doing that as well.
 
Hi again.....I feel like I am doing well. Still spending most of my time on the recliner. Last night was the first time I slept all night. From 10-7. Boy did that feel good. I went to PT yesterday and my leg extentions are where the should be and my Rom in right leg is 105 and left leg is 95. I am only a week out and I had the Visionaire system but I feel I like I have had a much less pain than I expected, which I am really glad about. I just hope it keeps up. I know how things can go up and down as I have had two other knee surgery.
 
I'm impressed ( and a bit jealous!) that you slept that long. Any secrets? I'm still doing the two hour nap though the night routine.
 
Wonderful :sleep: That is very good for your healing.
 
I don't know. My dr has me on lyrical 3xaday , mobic once a day and then of course the Percocet. 7.5 I have been taking two before bed . Last night I did not put ice on before bed-my knees really are not swollen much. I hAve never had a problem with that. I also did not use the imobilizer. I just get the ok to not use it at night. We will see how tonight goes I am hoping for a repeat performance. I am icing right now.
 
Hi everyone, I am 12 days out now and am feeling very antsy. I think I am going to be staying with my daughter for another week or so. I am moving around well and going up the stairs occasionally, just not enough to feel comfortable going home. I Have very little swelling. My thighs are stiff and sometimes I struggle to stand if the chair is too low. My ROM is good. Next week PT is going to start working with a cane and we will add some light weights. I will see the OS on Wed and I hope I will get more of a timeline for when I can do things. I have slept good the last few nights but I think it is because I am not icing at night anymore. I haven't felt I needed too but I am icing during the day.
 
@Mags113 For some reason I missed your thread until now. Sounds like you are having a good recovery! Always good to have another good recovery on the forum. Keep up the good work!
 
Maybe just do a good icing right before you go to sleep.
 
@Maggs sounds like you are having an awesome recovery, both knees wow you are awesome!!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom