Surgery getting close starting to have anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hzootz, sending best wishes for a calm spirit and peaceful surroundings as you prepare for your surgery! You will be so amazed at how the old hip pain disappears! Remember the mantra, rest, ice, elevate, and take your pain meds! Here's hoping for a very uneventful recovery...see you on the other side!!
 
Under 24 hours. Have to arrive at hospital 0545 surgery at 0730. Trying to keep busy keeping my mind off it, but I am positive all will work out well. As silly as it may seem having to undergo major surgery, my biggest apprehension is about getting the foley catheter! If that is the worst part I will be sailing through on the recovery side. Good luck to those who are getting their shiny new hips this week and in the future. Especially @Me2 and @billg078 .
 
@hzootz Don't worry, the catheter is no big deal. All the best! See you on the other side!
 
I had the catheter when I woke up in the recovery room. Didn't feel a thing and was SO happy to have it for the first 24 hours post op. No pain when they took it out, either. You'll be great!
 
By now your surgery is all done and dusted - I will be looking for your recovery thread :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom