Bilateral THR Supersub’s recovery

Lovely to hear you leading such a full life! Happy Hip Birthday :walking::cheers:
 
Greetings Supersub,
A belated Happy Birthday and HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
Thanks so much for sharing your journey here and for your support of other members. It is appreciated.
Have a lovely weekend!
[Bonesmart.org] Supersub’s recovery
 
I’m really enjoying running - and I never ever thought I would say that. I’ve worked up from running 1minute non stop in early April to 30 minutes non-stop today. I love it and it gives me such a buzz. So grateful to have the chance to keep my new hips fit and healthy. Love and strength to all in your recovery journeys
 
Thanks for the update, Suersub.
It's never too late to find a fulfilling new way to exercise. Stay safe and enjoy! :)
@Supersub
 
It’s so good to see someone else running after hip replacement. I was already a runner when I had my first hip (right) replaced in 2021 and I returned to running once it was 4 months old. My left hip was replaced 2 weeks ago and I am looking forward to getting back to it. The advice I was given by my surgeon (an amateur tri-athlete) the first time round was to build up gradually, mix up my training load with other things such as weights, swimming, cycling), and take care about terrain to start with (so as to minimise the risk of falling). It was good to have a surgeon who believed in getting back to running, as I encountered a lot of negativity about it elsewhere. The (different) surgeon who did my second op is also a runner himself and had no problem with it.

Have you joined parkrun yet? It’s a bit of an obsession of mine. I own a 250 milestone T-shirt. Currently volunteering given my circumstances, getting close to my V100 milestone T-shirt too. Walking is also welcomed at parkrun.
 
Oh it’s truly inspirational to read that you are able to run for 30 minutes nonstop so soon after your operation. Well done
 
@Coddfish All the best in your recovery.
I took up running just under a year after my bilateral hip replacement having never run before apart from when forced to at school 40 years ago.
My surgeon only advised me not to bungee jump and said any other sport/exercise was fine once I felt ready.
I’ve not tried Parkrun because I volunteer/coach with my daughter’s football team on Saturday mornings. However an alternative weekly 5k event is being launched in my local area next month on Sunday mornings so I’m hoping to give that a go.
Hope you are back running at parkrun before too long.
 
Happy 2nd birthday to my hips! So grateful for my positive recovery. I’m still running 3 times a week, I’ve added in strength training and yoga to help with flexibility. I’m aiming to run 10k in the not too distant future. All the best to everyone on their recovery journeys. I greatly appreciate all the support I had on here ❤️
 
Happy 2nd anniversary and thanks for the update, @Supersub. So glad to read that you and your hips are doing well.

I'm happy you shared that you will be running in a 10K after bilateral hip replacement -- it will give hope and inspiration to our new members who are still in the early stages of the journey.

Don't be a stranger! We love getting updates.
 
Happy Two Year Anniversary!
Thanks for stopping by. It's wonderful to hear how well you're doing.
Hope Spring / Summer 2026 is one of your best! :SUNsmile:
@Supersub
 
Back
Top Bottom