THR superpath surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @dirtdydog - just dropping in to give you the following information:) - This is a snapshot of where you are in the medically acknowledged healing phases.

The following is a link to an article which provides the science regarding the healing process beneath and around the implant and the approximate timeframes for our bodies healing phases and processes.

Healing Phases & Nutrition

Nutrition plays a huge part in surgical recovery, in fact it is one of the 'forgotten topics' of recovery..

This second link is to other nutritional articles which you may find interesting, including one relating to bone health.

Nutritional advice for pre op and recovery

This third link refers to my ongoing research..

nutritional-snippets-did-you-know

Feel free to tag me if you have any questions regarding nutrition.

However, I would appreciate if you (or any other member) do not request advice regards supplements as I would be breaking the Common Law Act (under which I am governed) to prescribe outside of my practice, especially via the Internet.
 
Hello, I am 4 weeks post op on my RTHR. While I was starting to feel great, I was planning on going back to work light duty tomorrow. Mostly sitting at a desk. However yesterday energy wise, I felt like I hit a brick wall. Today no energy. I know everyone heals differently, but is this normal at 4 weeks? If so anything I can do to get me energy to return?
 
@dirtydog
Hey! I don't know what it is about week 4 but many of us including me hit a brick wall at this time! I felt so down and discouraged. Listen to your body and rest rest rest. I even quit the dang PT exercises and I am so glad I did! I am at 6 weeks and life is picking up~ your wife needs to hold the man card a bit longer! Hang in there! You had MAJOR surgery only 28ish days ago! Sending prayers your way. ;)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Four weeks yesterday and I hit the brick wall. Was feeling great yesterday morning and today I had to resort back to my cane and just rest. Can't drive because too much pain going from brake to gas pedal. Also incredibly tired!!!!! I am hoping this is just a bump in the road for both of us.
 
I am 7 weeks post op. I don't know what I did over the weekend, but I am in extreme pain in the middle of my front Quad. Went from no walking devices to having to use 2 crutches. P/T was able to massage some tightness in the area which gave some temporary relief but returned with a vengeance. Called Dr's office for additional pain medication as I was out and quit taking them for over a week, he only prescribed 20 pills of oxycodone instead of the normal 80. Starting to get frustrated that I'm not farther along in my recovery at 7 weeks. I returned to work at 4 weeks post op sitting all day at a desk job which does cause some tightness when I am unable to get up and stretch every hour. Curious if this could be causing more long term pain or is this normal for 7 weeks post op. I know everyone heels different... But I was feeling so good to have this sudden change in pain.
 
Desk job or not - sounds like you went back to work far too early. Sitting for long periods of time is very challenging for most new hippies.

What other activities besides work are you doing now? Anything new that might have brought on this pain? Are you icing?
 
@Jaycey, Doing nothing abnormal besides my daily routine of work. Yes, Ice is my best friend, but it hasn't even touched the pain the last few days. I did almost take a tumble on with my foot getting caught on carpet but caught myself before falling 4-5 days ago. I know everyone heals differently, but just curious if this is one of those things that hippies go through during recovery. Especially around the 7-8 week mark. Thanks for your time.
 
I bought a neo G hip/groin brace that seems to offer a little relief. Just a little concerned that it wont allow the muscle to strengthen as quickly.
 
I did almost take a tumble on with my foot getting caught on carpet but caught myself before falling 4-5 days ago.
This might be your problem. Almost every new hippie either takes a fall or avoids a fall in the first weeks. The reaction to falling can cause you to twist or have a jolt that you normally would not experience. My first fall post LTHR caused me several days of pain. Rest, ice and elevate and see if things ease. Baby that hip! If things don't ease after several days of rest you need to have a discussion with your surgeon. Please keep us updated!
 
I'm behind you, but I took an almost fall and caught myself bent way down in a seated like position while twisting. This caused a teeny muscle in the butt to strain, pull & constantly spasm, attacking my sciatic so my whole leg is in nerve pain. I can attest to an almost fall screwing things up big time and setting you back.
When you describe mid front quad hurting, is that where the titanium leg goes down to? Could it be a small fracture of sorts which is why treating muscles won't calm pain down? Get an x Ray just to be sure soft tissue damage.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Went swimming for the first time this evening. Felt good until I tried to get out of the pool. Had a hard time getting out on my own, had to get help. Unable to put any pressure on my operated leg when trying to step out of the pool without extreme pain.
 
@dirtdydog
I am so sorry for your pain! My first time swimming took me two days to recover! It's easy to overdo it in the water. Also you may still be trying to recover from your almost fall. Call your doctor if the pain persists. Hang in there!:swim:
 
@dirtdydog .... it sounds to me like you may be pushing just a bit too hard for this early in your recovery. You need to give your body time to strengthen and to get over the energy drain that follows such a major surgery. Your body is still healing and that's sapping your energy. If you're back at work, that's really all you need in the way of exercise right now.
 
Anyone else still taking percocets 5-325mg at 8 weeks post op? Im still having a ton of pain in my mid quad area. Still trying to rest, ice, and elevate it as well as stretch it out every hour. I do sit at a desk job for 9-10 hours a day.
 
@dirtdydog
I take 3000 mg of Extra strength Tylenol on average a day. I am 9 1/2 weeks post op. I think pain med needs are very individual and can take up to 3 months for many to wean off. Hope this helps!
 
If you need them, you need them. Time out from surgery is really not the issue. That much sitting is very hard on you, as your hip is still in recovery. I do hope you're getting up and moving about for at least 5 minutes out of each hour. But, quite frankly, that's a long stint with a new hip.

Since you're working these long hours, try to limit anything else you're doing in the way of exercises, activity, or household chores. The pain says you're pushing yourself a bit much right now and any way at all you can cut back should help you.
 
I am just over 10 weeks since I had RTHR via the Super Path procedure. I am still having extreme deep pain in the front quad area if I come off my Percocet pain pills. I know everyone heels different, but should I be worried at 10 weeks with still needing to take pain pills to control pain.

My right leg also crackles and pops sometimes when I walk. I am assuming that it is tendons or ligaments, but worried about that too. My doctor didn't seem to worried at my 8 week check-up and gave me more pain pills and told me to cut back work to 30 hours a week from the 40 hours I am currently doing. It is a desk job where I sit the majority of the time. Whenever I feel my leg tightening up I stretch and walk for about 10 minutes which helps for about an hour. Any advice or suggestions is appreciated?

Thanks,
Dirtydog
 
Went swimming for the first time this evening. Felt good until I tried to get out of the pool. Had a hard time getting out on my own, had to get help. Unable to put any pressure on my operated leg when trying to step out of the pool without extreme pain.
You don't suppose this ^ has anything to do with this ..... v
Anyone else still taking percocets 5-325mg at 8 weeks post op?

I do sit at a desk job for 9-10 hours a day.
When did you go back to work?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom