60mom
senior
- Joined
- Nov 30, 2012
- Messages
- 278
- Age
- 74
- Gender
- Female
Well I am 3 months and I had an MUA at 5 1/2 wks. I would have waited a bit longer but my insurance was running out so I had to make a decision and decided to go ahead with it. My flexion was decreasing as well. So I had it and immediately was at 122 flexion. But 2 days later I was down to 90. Over the course of the next 7 wks I regained that flexion back so I am 120+. Not sure exactly because I am no longer in PT but it was 120 last week and a I think I have gained a little more. The one thing that changed after for me is that tight band feeling left. My OS said he did brake up scar tissue. I am prone to developing it. Had to have scar tissue removed from my ovaries. But on the other hand you shouldn't develop it that quickly and I have heard that aggressive PT can cause it or a lot of swelling making it difficult to bend. After the manipulation I changed to a less aggressive PT. So how do I know which has helped. Probably never will or maybe it was a combination of both. Can't tell you what to do but my suggestion would be to wait a bit. While waiting really decrease anything that makes it swell. Do your bending but be very gentle about it. Try that for 2 wks and see if anything changes. If it gets better continue to do a wait and see. If not then go ahead with the MUA. I don't really see a reason for you to rush this decision unless you have insurance issues or something like that. The one problem I did have was an increase in pain after the MUA. Much worse then right after my surgery. My pain was also not managed so that did not help. Sounds like your OS would not let that happen. I don't think an increase in pain is typical though. I just was unlucky. But I am doing fairly well now and am able to do just about anything I want the only thing I can't do quite yet is ride my outdoor bike I can rotate ok but it hurts. My exercise bike is fine. I also still have a bit more pain then I would like and am seeing a pain specialist on Tuesday. Keep in mind we are all different and what we experience will vary. Prayers you soon get the pain relief and mobility you desire.
Unfortunately, sandman has not found me yet... 2 AM. Oh boy!!!!
United Kingdom
I think if I had retained what my surgeon managed to achieve for me (120 degrees) I would have felt it had all been worthwhile...but I didn't. Also, he was unable to straighten my leg fully which is rather annoying too.
I really don't like the idea of that. Numb or not, it's still going to produce a considerable degree of swelling which itself will be both painful and obstructive.
.
Yes, the rheumatologist will be for fibro. That's the route my OS suggested I take for treatment.. 

The 10 y.o. is very willing to help me but she gets distracted easily. She has a huge heart though and if she sees me struggling, she's right there.
The 8 y.o. boy will help out if it doesn't put him out too much... typical boy.
Dinners are generally made by my hubby but I do help where I can. I hate not contributing and unfortunately, the more the older 2 see me not doing things, the more they sit out. ![[Bonesmart.org] Stress [Bonesmart.org] Stress](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/8/8700-322c63ca61e280a2019bfa01b495c901.jpg?hash=MixjymHigK)
My knee is not tooooo swollen today. Of course it has some.... I have been up for a couple of hours now. Still sleepy.
It's time for me to go back to bed to ice, elevate, and rest! Have a great day!

I realize this is only 2 days after the MUA but today at PT I got to 98. I was soooo excited I could have jumped out of my skin! 