Guest viewing is limited

Toes Stress fracture right foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mutti3 I have been wondering how your MRI and follow up appointment went. I suffered a left fibula stress fracture sometime in late June or early July but it wasn't diagnosed until mid July. I was put into a boot then and within a few days I experienced agony in the shin under the boot that landed in in an ER where an Xray and CT scan found a new tibia stress fracture. Now I'm in a fiberglass cast from toes to below the knee. Much better immobilization and pain relief was almost immediate although my toes still swell if I sit with the foot down for hours. The tibial fracture pain was worse than the post op pain from my TKR. My boot was an aircast standard but it was heavy and pressed uncomfortably on my shin. I've wondered if it was partly responsible for the tibia stress fracture. I hope you are recovering. Let us know how you are.
 
I am so sorry for all you problems after knee replacement @Motherbone. Very interesting follow up after I saw an orthopedic. My MRI of the right foot was completely normal. It didn’t even show an healing stress fracture. The doctor concluded , just go on with my life. What I read between “ the lines” I never had a stress fracture. Never again will I go to a podiatrist. Will stick with my orthopedic group. Did see different orthopedist for the foot. My knee OS does hip and knees only.

It could of been change in my gait after a knee replacement. Doesn’t matter at this point.

I been following your thread . Will keep you in my prayer for a swift and complete recover.
 
I am both amazed and angry for all you went through, and still wonder what was causing all that swelling and pain. My fibula fracture is clearly visible on Xray. I haven't seen my tibia Xray yet but I go for follow up Xrays next week so I'll look then. Thank you for your prayers. I can use all I can get! Hoping some day I can just walk and climb a flight of stairs again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom