Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Part of that probably is from before the abalation. You poor girl!
 
Part of that probably is from before the abalation. You poor girl!

Yes it is! My stomach had become so distended from fluid overload! My whole body was bloated and I gained 45 pounds in 6 weeks![emoji15]
 
There is no icon for disbelief! I'll be praying you get all dried up!

If there was an icon for hardheaded I would use that one! My heart had sent me messages and I would brush them off and get right back to exercising. I believe the only reason the heart "ramped it up" was because I wasn't listening and it was shutting down on me! God still has plans for me, or I wouldn't be alive today![emoji120]
 
Oh my gosh! They just tried to tell me I am in congestive heart failure![emoji36]
 
Deep breath (well as deep as you can comfortably take). Let it out slowly. Don't panic yet. That's a symptom. They will find the problem and get you taken care of. Praying that is soon.
 
My prayers. I hope to hear good news from you soon, Sonja.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh! They just tried to tell me I am in congestive heart failure![emoji36]

Well yes, Sonja, ( @RestAssured ) you would have been in heart failure! The A-fib, plus the extra load of all that surplus fluid undoubtedly put a big strain on your heart.

This happened to my husband, too, when he had A-fib, and his cardiac output went down to a dangerous level, while his heart enlarged. (Most of his extra fluid was in his abdomen and chest.) However, once he was out of A-fib and on medication and all the surplus fluid was gone, his heart failure improved. His cardiac output rose again to almost normal and his heart is now only very slightly enlarged. So, to a pretty great extent, this heart failure can be reversible.
There's a proviso, though, my dear. Listen to your body, listen to your heart, and do take care of yourself. No more pushing yourself when your body is telling you that you need to slow down or stop!
:friends:
 
Oh I think I have learned my lesson, especially when one doctor told me he was amazed I was alive! My stomach was distended like I was 9 months pregnant, and I KNEW I wasn't having a baby.[emoji4]
 
So thankful you're on the mend. You must take good care of yourself.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Well, this was my 4th day back at Mission Fitness w Abby. We are going slower than we had been and building up especially in the water. Yesterday, we were on land and Abby had me moving! My body responded well and my knees are doing great even after the 8 week layoff!:happydance::yes!:
 
Keep taking the exercise gently and build up only slowly, Sonja!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom