THR Steelmanpa's Recovery Thread

Great update, you're doing well!
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a New Year full of blessings!
@Steelmanpa
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Hope you're recovering from all the holiday festivities as you continue on your healing journey.
Have a great weekend!
@Steelmanpa
 
@Steelmanpa already at your 3 Month Anniversary, wow! Hope you had great holidays and are getting back into the daily recovery without so much hustle and bustle.
:egypdance:
 
@Layla @Elf1 @MEPil @CricketHip @Mojo333

Greetings to all...
I have stayed off the forum a little to not crowd others in earlier stages of recovery.
14 weeks post op today..

  1. I dont think a lot has changed in the last two weeks..in terms of life tomorrow my new band starts playing so a nice early 730-1030 show to break in a lot of new material. It will be interesting to see how I do with standing for 75 minutes twice with a 30 minute break...
2. We have not had a snow that needs shovelling so nothing to report there :snork:

3. Still maintaining my leg lifts and 30 minute indoor walks. I use the house furniture like a maze and obstacle course and did since early on for agility and balance training, getting into niches and narrow pass throughs, doing a lot of circling and up and down the step.
4. Still some discomfort in leg lift, can do 50 but it was the most affected muscle, so improving.
5. I think the reason we feel certain discomfort is the numbness goes away and you feel again.
 
You are doing great. I've not been working as hard as you seem to be but making progress, still some numbness and muscle soreness but less than it was. Very best wishes with your progress and your band.
 
:wave:Great to hear an update.
tomorrow my new band starts playing so a nice early 730-1030 show to break in a lot of new material. It will be interesting to see how I do with standing for 75 minutes twice with a 30 minute break...
I bet you'll do great...probably be tired and maybe a bit sore but not too far out to ice it up afterwards.
I would say "break a leg" but...as you know...:dubious:
Do let us know how you are doing as there is plenty of improvement still to come.
I hope 2020 is good to you :ok:
 
Last edited:
Oh! I came back to add that I still have a bit of soreness and tension in the upper anterior thigh, like in the hip flexors or maybe the psoas. Which made the leg lfit harder to manage.. My OS said to give it a full year and that all but 2% will see it just slowly go away. In fact, mine has improved a bit within the last couple of weeks. Which was right after I hit the 6 month marker.
 
Really good update, you're definitely doing recovery right! Sounds like it will be fun to get out and play with your band but agree you may be tired and sore after. Thinking nothing a little rest and ice can't fix! :ice:
 
@CricketHip the muscle that is still a little wonky is the muscle that runs from your hip to the groin/inner thigh at an angle in the front. It was the worst before surgery, I could not lift the leg as probably stated earlier, without picking it up with my hands to get into bed. Its really so much better, it will take time to be a non issue..I do the leg lifts alternating the operative and other leg, so there is a yardstick of what normality is....Yes tomorrow will be an experiment of sorts for my endurance
 
I have stayed off the forum a little to not crowd others in earlier stages of recovery.

You're welcome here any time! We love following your progress and take joy in each milestone you share with us so please feel free to update whenever your heart desires. Wondering how playing went this weekend? Hopefully you're not feeling any worse for wear. Not too late for icing if you feel the need. Sneak in a comfy nap today too if you're tired. :yawn: :sleep:
Happy Sunday!
 
Hi @CricketHip @Mojo333 @Layla @VSlowLife @Elf1 and @MEPil

Today is 16 weeks post op...
basically as CricketHip said no news is good news

Things really have not changed over the last several weeks.
There is a little more achiness some mornings. I need to add a knee bend to my chest during exercise to improve ROM lifting the leg up. Still have some numbness around the area where they entered the leg, the wound has continued to heal nicely, might add some cocoa butter to reduce the scar visibility, not that anyone sees it except my wife and cat. :yellowcat:

Have been back to most activities and still not had to shovel snow, can manage lifting my amps and guitars ( nothing more than 25 pounds to date) doing all the normal house chores etc.

The gig went well, I managed two sets of about 75 minutes each standing. Continuing with my leg lifts and 30 minute walk.. Have a few shows in February and hoping the weather doesnt interfere..

Yes, basically nothing changed....but still looking for improvement...

Hope all the other folks out there are doing well and getting back to life as they expected.
 
Fantastic! :goodpost:I am so glad to hear you are managing so well.

Have been back to most activities and still not had to shovel snow, can manage lifting my amps and guitars ( nothing more than 25 pounds to date) doing all the normal house chores etc.

The gig went well, I managed two sets of about 75 minutes each standing. Continuing with my leg lifts and 30 minute walk..
 
Great update! Back to most normal activities, the big went well and you're even carrying your amps and stuff! Keep up the good work! :egypdance:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom