Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* Stage Two Revision Completed

@arizonaone, so glad you are back on BoneSmart and doing well after your revision!! Again, thank you for telling me about BONESMART!!!
 
@MathProf Hoping and praying for good blood test results for you .

I can relate to doing things slowly. Walked more today than yesterday and I now feel it. But then again the pain meds don’t seem to be working well at all. I’m hoping my pain mgmt dr will find what works. What he prescribed last night isn’t.

Wow- all those years to hold a grudge So sad. When my mother turned 84 ( last year) she announced that she’s 84 and can say whatever she wants. And she does. But with only me. She believed that I was responsible for the cancellation of my surgery because I wouldn’t allow them to do bloodwork. So far from the truth. She then called my sister ( and told her she was tired of playing nursemaid to me and was really stressed out).. She called my son who then called me. When I told my sister exactly what happened I’m sure she told my mother. But my mother still didn’t believe me and tripled down on her story refusing to apologize.

Since my July surgery she has become even more hyper critical, nasty and belligerent towards me. So I distanced myself. I need to concentrate on healing and can’t do nasty anymore.

I’m so looking forward to being pain free with a functioning knee. I know it’s going to take some time.

Please let us know the results of your bloodwork. My thoughts are with you.
 
@Celle - title is perfect. Thank you!

@Jockette -I liked this forum so much more than the one that cementless and I met on. She was having issues and I felt that she would really benefit from the knowledge and support on bonesmart

@Cementless - Thank you! I’m so glad that you’re here as well and happy that you are benefiting from the support and guidance here at bonesmart. . :yahoo:
 
@Celle Just realized that my revision surgery was added to my signature. However the date should be October 29. not the 30th. Wasn’t sure who added it but thoughts I would let you know since you changed the title off my thread.

:thankyou:
 
Hope all is going well with you and your new knee today. I agree with Jamie about the swelling and with younon protecting the knee. After being in an immbolizer for a month my knee and entire leg had no swelling at all. I had never seen my leg/knee so thin!

Keep concentrating on healing; rest, ice and elevate.
 
@arizonaone Wow...it just took me about 20 minutes to catch up. I'm so sorry that I haven't congratulated you on your successful surgery. I've not been doing too well since mine which is why I got behind. I like you am getting really sick of walking funny. HA! I remember telling my grandson a few years ago...watch grandma's going to walk like a normal person. I did...next day I could hardly walk at all. Going to post on my postings, but wanted to ask you really quick if you have been having any trouble with your lower back...or did you before? My knee is doing fairly well, but when I walk much at all my lower back hurts so much I have to go back to my chair. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Glad to hear you are doing better...successful surgery...I will continue to pray for you....
 
@arizonaone google "toxic parents" and you may find some supportive resources to help you handle your mother's tirades. My husband's late mother had a very similar personality, treated her other children like they hung the moon but paranoid and verbally abusive with my mate to the point where I distanced myself from her as you report with your mother. I don't know what makes some parents this way. Age and maybe even mild dementia can harden some aspects of the personality, I guess. Don't think of it as distancing yourself. Rather, think of it as actively regulating how much exposure to her that you allow yourself to have. That way of thinking puts you in control instead of being the passive recipient of her rants. It's amazing how the people we love and those who should love us can be so terribly venomous!

Hobble on. :tiredwheel:
 
@Motherbone Thank you for suggesting googling toxic parent. I did and there is quite a bit of information on the subject.

It kind of hurts when her tirades came on suddenly . And only with me. The more I distanced myself the more she tried to get back in my life. My aunt and uncle told me she had always been like this but had gotten much worse in recent years. At least I know I’m not crazy.

The last time I lived this close to her was 19 years ago when my father was alive. He acted like a buffer between us. She wasn’t like this when he was alive. But he got really sick and she needed me to help her. So it would not have benefited her to be less than nice to me.

I appreciate your words of wisdom. Thank you!:loveshwr:
 
Has your mom been tested for dementia? Being mean to their caregiver is one of the first symptoms. My mother was like that for about a year or more before the Alzheimer hit her hard. It could be your mom's problem, too.
 
So, the back of my knee and calf hurts worse than the knee itself. Any ideas as to why and what I can do for the pain. I iced it but it’s not really working.
 
@sistersinhim I thought about that. Especially because she’ll say something and then deny she ever said it. Or I’ll tell her something and she won’t remember what I said and accuse me of never listening to her.

She hasn’t been tested and there is no way I could suggest it. She would get angry and never allow it to be done.
 
Can you contact her GP and talk to him about it? I had to take over my mom's care and would meet with the doctor to discuss things after her appointment. Bless her heart, one of her appointments she complained of hearing music in her kidneys. The doc and I had to restrain ourselves to keep from laughing. But, he worked with me in her care. Does anyone have a power of attorney for her in case she gets worse off?

You have to distance yourself from her until you knee is healed. All that added stress is really bad for your healing. Talk to the rest of your family and explain that this in your time now and they will have to take over for you concerning your mom. Good luck. You have my prayers!
 
@sistersinhim My sister probably has the power of attorney. She lives in New Jersey. As far as her dr I’m not sure they would give me any info due to HIPAA laws. I’m sure that she did not list me as an emergency contact or as someone who can get information on her care. She most likely listed my sister in that regard.

Yes I need to heal and can have no contact until I do. At that poo t I’ll have to reassess the situation.

Thank you again n for your advice and words of wisdom. It is most appreciated. ❤️
 
You're so soon out from your surgery, it's normal to have pain in all kinds of odd places. A lot happened to your knee during that surgery. However, you do need to pay attention to calf pain. Can you describe it for us?
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom