Hip Infection Spacer information needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.
@charmed-life I think @Issa65 and I are the only ones right now going through this, that I can see. There are days where the courage is hard to sustain and you do want to fall apart. But then you think of life beyond these miserable, but temporary moments, and it's beautiful! Just have to stayed focused on the bright light ahead!:yes:
 
I might miss her wedding anyway..he said that they had a date in the middle of March...(her wedding is on the 18th) OR I could wait with this spacer 5 more weeks and go to her wedding with this spacer in my wheelchair...either way it will be bad...so I have to concentrate on my health even if this will be really sad if i cannot be there...he says after spacer the operations take much more time to heal and get back on my feet...He will try to get an earlier date but there are many before me...thanx guys for your support it means alot to me...I pray for you too...I am a positiv person and I am fighting not to crumble...this has thaught me patients...I am bad at it----but it makes you wait and think about life in a different way
 
I check to see if you have posted each morning.:) Since we just celebrated my daughter's wedding in September, I can't imagine you missing your daughter's wedding. But, YES, absolutely, your health comes first! Is it possible to have the surgery (Mid-March, maybe the 15th) then still get to the wedding in a wheelchair? Even if it's just for a few hours. I'm not sure how it works in your country but understand your choices are limited and not as flexible as they are here. I'm going to pray for a little miracle to work it's magic for you!

You are so right in that this experience changes the way you look at your life and life in general. I do a lot of serious, deep soul thinking in places I've never explored before. I've always been a reflective soul, I think through things more thoroughly than most of my friends and family and then get kidded for it by all. But this is a different, much deeper forest to get through.

Please keep in touch. I anxiously await when you get to the other side and your recovery stages once there.

Hugs and Prayers being sent your way!:angel::console2:

My new mantra - Heal, Flourish, Thrive
Debbie
 
Hi Debbie....Your post made me realize how I as well have found so much insight in myself these 3 months in my home alone...My daughter (the older one) took care of me from Nov until last month...now i am alone ...my friends go shopping for me otherwise I do all the housework as much as I can...I remember asking myself in Sept when I heard I had an infection, I asked myself "why is this happening and what do I have to learn from this?"
I have to say the same as you that this solitude has given me so much insight into life and why we are here...how much I have cried when I get some insight about myself and in this solitude realize why this has happened..I have gone through alot these last 3 years with both hips and lots of pain...they say the hips represent "moving on" in life..and I was at a crossroads exactly that time I started to have problems with them..I lived in the past and did not want to move on .I am a positive person and believe me this spacer experience even showed me how it is to be disabled..I never contemplated on how lucky I was before this,,,,I pray for you as well and thank you for the mantra I meditate sometimes and visualize me walking soon...:flwrysmile:
 
Being alone has to be extremely difficult for you as you go through all this. I have to wonder how you manage on your own. What a blessing to at least have your friends there helping with the shopping. I do have my husband but quite frankly he works so much I do spend a lot of time by myself. If there is any silver lining to all this, I have learned that I'm stronger than I thought I would be to go through a terrible life altering event such as this. I am taking it one day at a time and make the most out of each day. :)
My pain is a bit more manageable so I am able to accomplish more each day. It may take me much longer to get one task done, but at least I can get it done by myself without waiting for my husband to do it for me. I do have a deeper appreciation for those who are disabled or dealing with chronic conditions and pain that will be with them for the rest of their lives. When this is all said and done, I will not be the same person I was, and if it is true that 'everything happens for a reason', I hope I will soon recognize what that 'reason' is. I spend a lot of time in reflective thought.
How much movement do you have? I find that I am able to do a small amount of exercising now that my pain has reduced. A week ago, I could not raise my leg off the floor without going into terrible spasms. Now I can! My fear is my leg atrophying so much that when I get the THR, my recovery would so much more difficult.

Staying positive and so glad for this forum!:SUNsmile:
 
My doctor called today...my infection is all gone and the new THR is set on March 7th....I cried today becuse as yourself this has been so emotional...I as well had cramps after the OP but only 3 days.,...I can move my leg a bit more each day but not without a struggle and pain....I pray you get better as well,,,when is your planned OP??
I will keep you posted on all my progress so you can see how it gets along...
 
Ohh!! This is terrific!:loveshwr: That's in few weeks! I am sooo happy for you. You might make the wedding? I Understand your emotions. I will be too! I will be watching for your progress reports after your surgery. I know it is said that it will be a bit more difficult to recover from but I'm sort of hoping we can prove them wrong!

Take good care of yourself, stay healthy and celebrate a little...it's almost over!

Cheers!
Heal, Flourish and Thrive!
Debbie
 
thanx Debbie---I am a bit nervous but I onöy see myself getting better ...the spacer is now not causing me pain anymore I guess I gpt used to it after 3.5 months,,,I will post after my surgery so you will know how it went...best to you and keep your trust high and it will all pass....hugs
 
Please keep us posted on the progress of your recovery! There will be others who will no doubt go through the same unfortunate experience as we found ourselves in. This will give them hope that the darkness will lift to brighter days ahead!

I received a comforting note back from my surgeon yesterday. Scheduling for my next step are beginning to move ahead and he even gave me a possible surgical date for my new hip for March 22! :praying:

I am still in a lot of pain, perhaps is because of the placement of the spacer in my hip. I am only 2 months out. Was there a moment where this became more comfortable for you?

You will be in my thoughts and prayers these next few weeks!

Blessings,
:angel:
 
hallo----wow thats soon...do they do biopsy as well to see if all bacteria is gone?...My spacer is rather ok now not too much pain..take only painkiller sometimes...they gave me a very early operation , have to be at the hospital at 5.30 am...taking blood samples tomorrow...I am kind of used to this life and it feels unreal to be able to walk again and start living...I guess we humans can adjust to anything,,,In november I thaught I was going to end upp at the psyciatric ward but I learned to be patient and wait this out....Hope you will as well soon be well I will pray for you...hugs
 
@Issa65 So glad your op date is soon. Hope all goes well! We will anxiously await your updates.
 
thank you so much....I am counting now...7 days left...I will keep you posten from hospital hugs and god bless
 
hi Debbie----I hope I can...they say I will be rather impaired so I will try to make her wedding its 2 weeks after the OP---they called me today and the last blood was looked at yesterday...all blood work is fine...after 1,5 year I have normal blood work..feels unreal...these last 2 weeks I am a bit down..they say that humans get used to everything even pain and solitude...and when you get close to this being talken away you can get sad....its a strange feeling to think I will be able to go out,,(have been inside in 5 weeks now)....my own company has made me almost crazy at times,...I am nervous about the OP since its the 3d time they cut into my hip....hope all will be well----hugs to you
 
@Issa65 - I understand your feelings about being nervous getting back into the swing of your new lease on life! Especially having to go back to work after the solitude you have lived with for the past few months. But this is not your life, outside your front door is!:yay: And you'll see, you will find happiness after your recovery from this last operation! My upcoming operation will be the 4th time my leg has been opened. I hope my body will heal my scar nicely. I continue to eat healthy and fill my diet with lots of protein for proper healing. I've had this spacer for 2 1/2 months now and I am still in a lot of pain. :sad: I have experienced increased pain the last couple of days - pretty miserable. Wish I was in your shoes right now!

Stay posted throughout your recovery so we can be here for you to offer hugs and support.:console2:
Blessings,
 
when I talk with my friends or family they don't seen to understand this ...you understand because we are in the same boat..my knee is really swolen lately and the other knee has taken alot of strain...why did they cut 4 times? this is my 3rd time....my poor leg hope as well it heals...your OP is soon as well? We will get through this...hugs
 
Hi debbie and all others.. Well I have My new hip in place the operation went smoothly and they put a plastic thin tube in My spine to reduce pain after OP it helped so much almost painfree all day and night.. I tried walking but it was likemy leg was not mine... It will take time to learn to walk again... I awoke 3 Times' during surgery and cried of joy this ordeal was over... IT was so emotional...
 
:welome:...to the otherside! Dreams do come true and miracles do happen! So happy for you! :happydance: Miles of ocean waters separate us but I can actually feel the relief from pain, joy and happiness you so rightly deserve! You are finally out of the dark tunnel ready to take the first steps towards your new lease on life!

I will be patiently awaiting how you make out with those first baby steps after a spacer. I know it will not be easy but it sure will be exhilarating!

Are you still in the hospital?

If all goes well, I'm not far behind you.:wink:

Cheers and blessings!
 
Hearty congratulations to you, Issa! How wonderful that you have had the revision and are on the road to true recovery! Glad they figured a way to keep you almost pain-free, and hope that continues as long as possible. Good luck with the walking and having your leg become one with you again. I am hoping that when you woke up during surgery that you didn't feel pain or fear or anything. That sounds like an unwelcome thing to happen!
 
Thanx you wonderful people for all your support they actually decreased My meds because I am doing fine with minimal meds.. Just came from a walk in the corridor and upp and down a flight of stairs... The leg feels strange but better with each day.. i think they will let me go home tomorrow or friday... They have me on IV antibiotics 3 days then at home in pill form.. Just to make sure nothing creaped in me again during OP.. Debbie I know you will get well and I pray for you to feel this happiness of living in total knowledge that you made it... There were no complications at all and the hip I have is made not to jump out of My socket easily .. Its a kind of good hip model
 
Glad things are moving in the right direction for you! Hope you can return to normalcy soon!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR in my future.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom