So tired....

Here's hoping you don't have to wait so long. On my way for my first fishing trip to the coast with no hip pain...life changer!!!!
 
@BoyMom Hope you get your date sorted soon, the waiting is awful. When I got my date I felt such a sense of relief - oh it's all actually happening finally. Then my list making really kicked in - all those things to do and get sorted, must admit time is flying by now, just need to be sensible! Not long now for you I hope.
@Mojo333 Hope you have a good fishing day, you really deserve it. Tight Lines.
 
Rules and postop care seem to vary from one surgeon to another. I had anterior and had no restrictions other than no bungy jumping. My dressing was a see through waterproof dressing that I was to leave on until my first postop visit when the PA took it off. I had the TED stockings for 2 weeks just during the day. Others have them longer, some don't get them at all. Most of the restrictions seem to depend on the approach the surgeon uses. Both ways work well and the outcome in the end appears to be the same. Keep us updated on your progress in getting a date.
 
I posted in the November Nimble but wanted to share...I'm officially a Nimble...there was a cancellation and my right total hip is scheduled for November 6! I left my pre-op appointment with a February date and 15 minutes later she called with a cancellation! Turned the car around and off to my "hip" class I went. What a whirl wind of emotions. Excited, scared, relieved...things just got real Now the lists start of things to do!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
 
@BoyMom, which approach are you having? Mine will be a direct lateral and I’m a bit anxious about the 90 degree rule :yikes:
 
@Stonewall he uses a minimally invasive posterior approach. This is about a 4-5 inch incision. I agree with you that the 90 degree rule is a little scary along with the no twisting. Lots of practice over the next 2 weeks! How did the horseback riding go this weekend?

This surgeon uses wraps rather than TED hose, did anyone else have to wrap their leg rather than use TED hoses? Husband will for sure have to help with that considering the 90 degree rule.
 
Don't know about the wraps but happy you are going to be on your way to life without hip pain.
I'm sure you are anxious, but things have a way of working out for the best.:angel:
 
@BoyMom the ridingbonly lasted for 20 minutes before the hip said no more. Then we unloaded hay today so I know it will be a rough few days. BUT... only 2 more weeks!
 
Hi @BoyMom
It's awesome you were able to get an appt so quickly.
Only a couple more weeks now and you'll be rid of the horrible pain and on your way to recovery.
I think you'll be surprised at how much better you're feeling by Christmas.
It's life changing....you'll love it.
Wishing you a great week!
 
What’s the 90 degree rule? I am having an anterior approach, does it still apply? I am a Neil here so I hope this isn’t a dumb question.

Btw, I can’t believe you got on a horse! I am in so much pain, I can barely get on the toilet!!
 
BoyMom and everyone else, please do not tag me in the course of general conversation.

On average I get between 10 and 15 tags a day so you can imagine that getting to a post and finding I'm not actually needed but that my name has just been mentioned in passing and made into a tag is very irritating and time wasting.

Of course you are all very welcome to tag me if you have a specific question or concern. Those I have no concern about whatsoever. Thanks for understanding.
 
  • Walker....check
  • Crutches....check
  • Ice packs....check
  • Laundry done...check (ok, 1 more load)
  • Grocery shopping...check
  • Toilet seat....ordered one to sit on top of our toilet and it is way to tall, me feet don't even touch...will need to return
  • Extra pillows....check
  • Hospital clothes...TBD
Ready for Monday to be here! @Stonewall @Mrs. Vexil and @cbghip How are your preparations coming?
 
Hi @BoyMom
You sound ready to go but there's one more thing you need - a Grabber
You may not use it the first few days but that tool becomes invaluable in the weeks to come.
I'm sure most hippies will agree. I swear I never dropped things as much as I did post op. It's a joke
and has even been the topic of conversation in many threads.
Wishing you a great weekend and smooth sailing come Monday.
We'll be watching for you recovery thread.
 
@BoyMom, it’s getting down to crunch time, isn’t it? I had my joint class today (nothing like waiting til the last minute, eh? Haha). I feel well-prepared... got my two horses’ meal baggies prepped for at least 3 weeks, so the stable boy (aka my husband) doesn’t have to think too hard on what to feed them!
He’s being great about it actually... he usually complains very loudly on the few times he must take care of the horses for me. He may see a light at the end of this tunnel as well.
I just got word that I don’t have to be at the hospital until 1:45 PM on Monday! Yes! I can sleep in!
I’m still feeling a bit anxious about this 90 degree rule, especially since my go-to without thinking about it, is to cross my ankles. I’m sure I’ll get it figured out though.

Best wishes for a very relaxing, non stressful weekend for all my Nov 6th Nimble buddies!
@Mrs. Vexil and @cbghip
 
@Layla I did forget about that but I do actually have it sitting on my counter....makes me think what else I missed!?!? Husband will be home with for the first few days so if I do forget something, I'm sure he will just love to help me :heehee: He has actually been very supportive so I can't complain at all.

@Stonewall glad your stable boy :friends: has been a big help and I'm sure he will continue to be over the next few weeks. I too am a little worried about the 90 degree rule, in particular the toilet. Who would have thought!

I did get my check in time of 8:45am so that is sleeping in a little for me but not having to wait too long. Best of luck and I too will be thinking of all the Nov 6th Nimbles.
 
Glad your wait is almost over. Hope you spend the weekend peacefully and will see you on the other side.:flwrysmile:
 
I have been so tired :yawn: lately and have a hard time not taking a nap after dinner and before bedtime. Also lots of pain this week....is there a correlation? Anyone else feel that the pain is exhausting them? Maybe it's just that the weather is changing. Don't mean to complain but boy it has been a rough couple of days. I have my consult on Thursday with the surgeon and hoping to get a date then....I am so ready.
Hi i am feeling exactly the same. The pain is draining me & i feel very frustrated with it. Its worst for me when the weather is damp & cold . I normally work shifts & i feel more tired now with this.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom