Knee Infection* So Much Pain (WhyMePlease)

Hello WhyMe Please, :wave:
It's been three months to date since your revision. I hope you're doing well and enjoying life.
Take care and know we're here for support if you ever need us.
@WhyMePlease
 
Well, it has been about 12 weeks since my revision surgery. I am happy to say that I feel much improved. Any pain in my right (operated) knee is usually no worse than that in my untouched knee, and mostly it is just a bit of an ache at times. I use a cane for any real walking, and probably always will.

The surgeon’s main concern now is to get me completely off pain pills, and I am down to just one or two a day. I do have some chronic pain in many joints, but will have to pursue that with my PCP.

Because they, and I, are truly afraid of a re-infection, I have been on some kind of antibiotic since the second surgery. First by IV at home, now by pill. The infectious disease doctor is working with an allergist to find one which I can live with long-term with little or no side effects. A penicillin-based one is her preference, but we are trying to determine if my 50-year-old penicillin allergy is still real and a problem.

Thanks to all for the supportive words and advice. This is a really great web forum, and I appreciate the lift it has given to my spirits from time to time. Now that I am 80, I hope to go back to my several hobbies and spend these remaining years without having pain dominate my mind and body. I rather doubt that I will try for any further joint replacements, including the other knee, as the one replacement I have done has made all of 2024 a real loser of a year in my life. Hopefully cortisone shots will keep me going for a while.

Warm regards to all.
 
Thank you so much for your update, and kind words about BoneSmart.

May 2025 be your year of "return to the life I want."

I hope you will continue to stop by from time to time with updates.
 
Hi WhyMePlease,
Thanks for responding and for your sweet sentiment in regard to the forum. We're happy you joined us and hopefully found some comfort and reassurance here through members support.
It's wonderful to read that you're feeling better. I do hope you find the right combination of treatments that bring you lasting relief and the ongoing care you need for your health so you're able to get back to your hobbies and truly enjoy them. Please stay in touch. :)
@WhyMePlease
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom