Guest viewing is limited

Sleeping on side

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you're on the schedule, Kimmie. Maybe you could tell them you would accept an earlier opening if one comes up. It happens....
 
Yes, I feel better about it now. I really wouldn't be able to take an earlier date anyhow due to my husband's schedule. I started realizing that by that time, the right hip will be even more healed and stronger, and everything always happens in the exact time it's meant to happen, it's just my impatience and anxiety tends to get in the way sometimes.
 
Has anyone else had a problem with losing too much weight after surgery?
I was happy about it at first until it kept dropping and I weighed myself one day and the scales said I was 125, which is way too little for me to weigh. Since then I have increased my daily calories substantially, but no change. Just wondering if major surgery such as this one can make you lose weight like this.
 
We're twins on the surgery dates! Well done for getting your other hip done so soon. I'm still recovering from my first one :rolleyespink:

In relation to the weight, I initially lost some weight but have unfortunately gained it back and a little bit more.

Off to my first Weight Watchers class today as need to start losing weight to help in keeping the hip for as long as possible :biggrin:

I would check with your GP or someone of you're concerned about your weight loss.

Good Luck:thumb:
Jyoti
 
Somewhere on this site you will find my thread with the same question. I suddenly lost about 14lbs post-op and was not even trying.

In my case I think it was the increase in activity and mobility. The loss just stopped on its own and I haven't really gained any back.

Some loose weight and some gain after surgery. If there are no other symptoms or changes I wouldn't worry about it.
 
We're twins on the surgery dates! Well done for getting your other hip done so soon. I'm still recovering from my first one :rolleyespink:

In relation to the weight, I initially lost some weight but have unfortunately gained it back and a little bit more.

Off to my first Weight Watchers class today as need to start losing weight to help in keeping the hip for as long as possible :biggrin:

I would check with your GP or someone of you're concerned about your weight loss.

Good Luck:thumb:
Jyoti

thanks Jyoti! I thought I would have gained back by now, never have had to worry about trying to "gain" weight!!
I am ready to get the next one done and everything all over with!:yay:
Good luck with your weight watchers!! :thumb:
 
Thanks Jaycey! I have lost about 19 lbs. All my regular clothes are hanging on me. Kind of scared me so I increased my calories quite a bit. When my size 6's are that loose, I become very worried. But, I'm sure it's like you say, probably normal. I am going to weigh myself in a couple of days from now, it's been a week since I increased my daily calories.
 
Feeling better! I've gained 2 lbs. in one week since increasing my daily calories. That makes me feel a little more at ease. I have very high anxiety and all the thoughts I started conjuring up in my mind was making me panic, thinking maybe I have cancer or some other type problem.
Next surgery on July 5th, feeling a wee bit nervous but I'm confident that this time it's going to go a lot smoother, hopefully way less nausea than the last time!!
 
lost a crazy 15kg the first two weeks after surgery, , the anastetics, surgery and "stress" on the body I think was the culpret. don't stress to much, best way to lose weight so far in my diet experience :)
 
Kimmie - be sure and ask for anti nausea meds this time. Ask even if you don't think you need them. And take them the whole time you are on the heavy duty pain killers. Worked like magic for me!
 
Kimmie - be sure and ask for anti nausea meds this time. Ask even if you don't think you need them. And take them the whole time you are on the heavy duty pain killers. Worked like magic for me!

Believe me, I always tell them so many times beforehand about my vomiting phobia I've had since a kid. They must get sick of hearing me say it. I even brought my own phenergan pills with me. I was told a few years ago when I had a surgery of another type, that taking the meclizine-phenergan-and eating a few crackers 30 min. before taking a pain pill would keep the nausea away. It worked liked a charm. The problem I had this past time with my hip surgery, is they kept giving me oxycontin or morphine and I told them that percoset works best with me. Even with my system of taking phenergan 30 min. before doesn't work with that stupid oxy stuff! With percoset, I don't get nauseaus. This time, I've already told me dr. my request.
Also, I told him I need the meclizine (anti dizzy) before they even roll me out of pre-op because of my extreme motion sickness problem. I think that had a lot to do with the sickness last time. I was already feeling dizzy and nauseous before I was even out because of them wheeling me around the corners.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom