Guest viewing is limited

THR Shopping Trips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish points made prizes:th_heehee:

One year anniversary -Been a strange day......not felt as I thought I would, I have been feeling quite pensive. My stomach was quite 'churny' this morning as my thoughts kept going back to how I was feeling this time last year - extremely scared and nervous. As I was going through my morning routine, getting ready for work all my emotions were coming back to me and I got a little teary. It's happening again now, as I'm typing...weird. Obviously, some deep stuff going on in there!

Anyhow, isn't there a song 'it's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to'?

Have got a relaxing weekend planned with my husband and my son, we have a movie to watch this evening and I think we will go out for a celebratory dinner tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone :thumb:


Maybe getting a wee bit mixed up do you mean this,


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9fAQc3MXic





Billy
 
Brilliant! Thanks for that Billy - made my day :biggrin:

Never heard that version before - it was a girl singing it in my head. I used to think Brian Ferry was hot back in the day.

Had a lovely weekend after my weird emotional day, just quiet, at home with my hubby and son. Cooked some really nice food and had some family time. Can't go wrong there.:thumb:
 
Lesley was a wee bit before my time Jamie :th_heehee::hysterical:
 
Hi Lisa

I can imagine that the first anniversary would bring everything back.. But hey, you celebrated with the family, you survived, you are going forward with your life... What a success story...

Good for you, go girl :) xx
 
Shopping Trips, this is the first time I have been at your site and I really enjoyed all the music. Isn't it great to have such wonderfunl people in your life. This person (me) sometimes doesn't spell the best but I think you get what I mean. Remember memories are just memories and that we have already traveled that road and don't need to go back to them. Pat yourself on the back for the journey that you have already traveled. and i know many miles will be added. Take care. :doggieshmooze::flowerysmile::cheers_wine:
 
Had my 12 month check up today and came out with a :biggrin:

Actually saw my OS himself and not one of his team, which was great. Had 2 x-rays, one from the front, lying down and one from the side (with my right leg raised, the machine kind of pointing towards my groin). He was extremely pleased with how everything looked, once again reminding me of what 'a mess of a hip' I had to start with.

He was also keen to point out that everything was still very much 'work in progress' and I would continue to see further improvements up to the following 6-12 months.

He watched me walking and was impressed by my gait, remarking on how different it is compared to pre-op. He explained that it would continue to improve but reiterated that it is highly unlikely that my limpwould disappear completely- which I'm totally fine with. He stressed that I should use a crutch or stick for longer periods of walking to avoid fatigue in the underused muscles- again, fine with that.

I requested to be re-referred to the PT (which I'd had to stop because of my psoas issues) which he is going to do for me:thumb: as I have practically no abductor muscles and would like to give it my best shot. Still cannot stand on one leg without 'tipping over'. (Best thing about this was he held my hands while I did it - and, as Jo will concur, he is very handsome:blush:)

He also told me I can resume my stationary cycling, swimming and walking but to be mindful and cut back if the psoas flares up badly again. He seems to think that it may just be one of those ongoing things I'll need to manage.

Finally - he thanked me for being patient and following his instructions!! See him again in 12 months time unless I have any problems before then. All in all a very positive appointment.

My next steps are to find somewhere I can go to swim that fits into my work schedule, make friends with the big rubber band again to do my PT and dust off the bike saddle!:yes 4:
 
Love the handsome dr part...nice!

Congratulations on first year appointment, sounds very positive!

Not sure what Psoas is?
 
Hi Lisanewmc,

Glad to hear you had a great check up! It's always good to be moving forward with out recoveries and nice to hear your OS says you will have more positive outcomes within the next few months. That's what we want, to keep improving.

diane
 
Well done on your followup appointment Lisa. What a great OS! He sounds so supportive! Keep us updated on your progress with new exercise and PT.
 
Fantastic report Lisa... If he is that handsome, pity your appointments are yearly to get to hold his hands again.. just joking. Happy cycling, swimming etc :) xx
 
Hi Lisa,

What a GREAT report!!! I hope that you find that pool and make friends with the rubber band again and get those abductors to work for you. We'll be waiting for your updates, they are always so uplifting. :thumb:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Glad to hear you are able to get back to swimming. I try to swim at least a couple of times a week. I have slowly built up to doing around 30 lengths. I'm thinking of having a couple of lessons to encourage me to try front crawl. I've been told to avoid breastroke so at the moment I do breastroke arms and a very weird sort of screw kick which is a mix of the two styles. Probably looks very odd but it gets me from one end of the pool to the other.:yes 4::yes 4::yes 4: hope you manage to find somewhere that fits in with work.
Cathy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom