THR Shopping Trips

Status
Not open for further replies.
It IS a good plan. Take a deep breath and try to relax for a bit....no stressing!!! (Easier said than done sometimes!)
 
I'm going to spend some time on my scrap booking that has been neglected for quite some time. I'm doing a heritage/ life story one that hopefully I will pass on to my son.....tell him a bit of family history in pictures. It starts with my grandparents wedding in 1938, I'm up to him being born in 1999.....so nearly 12 years worth of pages to do. Should keep me out of mischief.:ok:
 
Lisa, that thing about infection - we all live under than cloud but, like so many other 'what if' situations, you can't afford to let it run your life otherwise you end up where you were before and then what was the point of having a joint replacement in the first place?

You take hold of that thought next time it pops up and throttle the bejeebers out of it! Then repeat "You are NOT going to ruin my life - you are NOT, NOT, NOT!"
 
I'm going to spend some time on my scrap booking that has been neglected for quite some time. I'm doing a heritage/ life story one that hopefully I will pass on to my son.....tell him a bit of family history in pictures. It starts with my grandparents wedding in 1938, I'm up to him being born in 1999.....so nearly 12 years worth of pages to do. Should keep me out of mischief.:ok:

Lisa

To keep me out of mischief for the next 6 weeks or so I've started scanning on to the computer old family photographic slides.

The starting point seems to be a holiday we went on in 1958 by car down to the South of France. I would have been six at the time! No doubt quite an adventure in those days.

A Ford Zodiac in two tone blue and grey with white wall tyres!!!

Sorry to divert your thread but you seem to be doing something similar with your scrap book - but a bit more up to date! Its so interesting to chart family histories.

Best wishes

Regards

Dave
 
No worries Dave.....this thread has been all over the place!

Here is how I've spent my morning.....you've gotta love sticky back plastic.

[Bonesmart.org] Shopping Trips
 
I was desperate for one of those as a child.....:ThankYou:
 
Lisa,
I'm so sorry to read about your bump on the road to full recovery and I do understand what a setback it must feel to be back on crutches again for a short while, especially as you are stable without them.
But I was pleased to see that even now you can put a positive edge on things - especially the 'zebra-style' crutches. Love them! :biggrin:
Take care and you'll get there. :thumb:

Suzie
 
Lisa, forget your current job, I think you could have a stunning new career customising crutches. They are seriously good! So sorry progress has slowed down for you but it will only be a blip I'm sure. Take care :thumb:
 
Lisa - love your customized crutches! Those are seriously gorgeous :) You've given me ideas ....... :hysterical:
 
Wow Lisa, I just love your crutches.... Must get inventive with mine :)

I have used my walker for almost two years and one Xmas my colleagues at work decorated it like a Xmas tree, little presents and all. Then for a birthday, they tied balloons and streamers to it with a big card....

I just love it when people just want to have fun with our temporary aids - good luck, thinking of you :)
 
I've been out and about with them today and yesterday, they are getting lots of admiring glances:th_heehee:

It was very simple to do, and they can be returned to normal quite easily too. Wish I'd thought of it before.

It's been 8 days of using them now, I have slept better the past 2 nights. Not sure if it's the 'resting' or the new meds I got from the GP (naprosyn) or a combination of the two things but the soreness hasn't prevented me from getting back to sleep after an early hours toilet visit - that's a development.

Still walking off and leaving them propped up when I'm at home though - it's easier to remember in another environment.:skeptical:
 
I've not been around for a while so just caught up with your progress. Oh poor you Lisa, I'm so sorry you've been having such a bad time. I really hope this week is better for you.

Love the crutches though!
 
Oh Lisa, why go shopping when you can do it on your own! Love those crutches. My girlfriend spraypainted hers in pink before surgery. You are really talented. Hope they'll help you and give you some pain relief. My thoughts are with you.
 
It's my 14th day on 2 crutches tomorrow. There is some improvement but it the soreness is still there. Although I must shamefully admit to not being very strict with myself indoors at home alone. I have used one crutch for the convenience of carrying things, preparing food etc. It has been extremely difficult to enforce and I'm embarassed to admit it.I know that if this doesn't work it could be my own fault for being 'naughty'. I 'graduate' to one crutch for a further 2 weeks and hope it will be much better by then.
I have been back to work today. It was a monthly meeting that I attend off site so it was fine with the crutches. I've arranged to work from home tomorrow and then back to my office on Thursday when I'm just on one crutch. Hoping this will be manageable as the work is piling up! It has been quite nice being at home though - once I got my head around it.
I've been knitting hats for charity and using up my odd bits of yarn. Found a great pattern that only takes a couple of hours to do. I've made 5 so far!! They're quite addictive because they grow so fast. The pattern is from the Christmas shoe box appeal website if anyone else fancies a go.
Really need to get some sleep but that's evading me tonight.......yawn.
 
Today is my last day for both crutches....:yay:

Am 'working' from home but a bit bored ......I don't really have enough to be getting on with - but don't tell anyone :secretaea:
 
My return to work in my own office went fine. My colleagues are very supportive, there's a lot to catch up on though - it's relentless.

I'm much better at using one crutch than 2 - not as tempting to be 'naughty'. The soreness is still there though and doesn't seem to be improving - perhaps I'm just expecting too much?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom