Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral PKR Shin pain

Hi there
I’m now at week 12, and things were not improving so 3 weeks ago my surgeon gave me a steroid/ anti inflammatory injection, this help a little bit
but I also restarted Vimovo twice a day, so I was able to get around a bit better. I also got a second opinion and he seemed to think it was just very slow to hear.
So this week I restarted PT...disaster... I was almost back to square one....
 
So this week I restarted PT...disaster... I was almost back to square one....
You don’t need that kind of PT. Either find a different PT or do your own rehab at home.

Regaining our ROM is more about Time than repetitions of a list of exercises.

Time to recover.
Time for pain and swelling to settle.
Time to heal.

Our range of motion is right there all
along just waiting for that to happen so it can show itself.

In the general run of things, it doesn't need to be fought for, worked hard for or worried about. It will happen. Normal activity is the key to success.


If you really want to do exercises, these are the only ones you need:
Extension: how to estimate it and ways to improve it
Heel slides and how to do them properly

But, at 12 weeks, time is mostly what you need. Full recovery takes approximately a whole year. Just doing your daily activities is plenty of movement for your knee to help it recover from this very major surgery.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom