TKR Sewhat's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awoke at 12:30 a.m. Couldn't get back to sleep until after 5. I called and talked to OS' nurse. She said I'd have to get something from my GP. She also said Benedryl, which I already use to get to sleep to begin with. I want to stay asleep. She told me to drink milk and no nap. Sigh
 
Milk can help a little bit under normal circumstances. I'm not sure in this circumstance, but at least you'll get some calcium and vitamin D. :shrug:
 
Last night went much better. 8:00 I ate a slice of whole wheat bread with turkey on it. At 10:00 I had a cookie with milk and 1 Tylenol P.M. I went to sleep fairly easily and slept until 12:30. I messed around on my computer until 2 and then had another cookie with milk and a Norco and a Benedryl. I slept until around 6, went to restroom and back to sleep until 9:30. I feel so much better this morning. Oh, and I didn't take a nap yesterday.
 
Last night went much better. 8:00 I ate a slice of whole wheat bread with turkey on it. At 10:00 I had a cookie with milk and 1 Tylenol P.M. I went to sleep fairly easily and slept until 12:30. I messed around on my computer until 2 and then had another cookie with milk and a Norco and a Benedryl. I slept until around 6, went to restroom and back to sleep until 9:30. I feel so much better this morning. Oh, and I didn't take a nap yesterday.
I think I took over from you @sewhat ;) I had a rubbish night, slept from around midnight until 1am and then awake until about 6am, when I slept for another hour. Shattered today.....you can have that particular baton back ;)


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
Great to hear last night went better. Maybe you found a good formula for :sleep: AT the very least you got some good sleep for last night. I does gradually get better. Really. I know it doesn't seem like it now.
 
I've been MIA on this forum lately. I got a prescription from my GP for something to help me sleep. It didn't seem to help at first, but I'm sleeping better now. Maybe I'm just getting past the non sleeping thing. I've had foodpoisoning or something for the last two weeks. Everything I eat goes right through me. I've lost 12 pounds. That's the good part. I had terrible abdominal pains for the first week. GP gave me a script for that and it's getting better. The bad part is that I was so weak I couldn't do any exercising. I was so weak that the doc wouldn't let me leave the office with an IV full of fluids. It was a good thing I had my Kindle with me.
Today was my 3 month appointment with my OS. I thought I would do terrible. Once I got in the exam room, I pulled my leg back as far as I could and held it there for awhile. Then I did some leg raises to warm it up. When he came in, he wanted to see me walk. I walked down the hall, spun around "ta da" and walked back. He was grinning at me. He looked at my scar, which looks great, and the straightened my leg. He didn't measure, just eyeballed it. Then he had me bend it and eyeballed it. He said it looked good. I said, "Aren't you going to measure it?" He said it looked about 110. It was 90 at my 6 week checkup, but that was "eyeballed". I wanted a number, just to know I had improved without PT forcing it. He got out his measurer and it was 122! All I've been doing is an exercise bike with no resistance and trying to do the stairs normally. I've moved the seat on the bike down a few times. He said he doesn' need to see me until my knee anniversary! Yippee! I had to have a little shopping trip to celebrate after that news!
 
Another testimony to the "gentle" approach. Congrats on your great progress!
 
Great report!! How wonderful to hear it. Please continue to let us know how you're doing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom