TKR Seventeen days post-op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi thanks for your prompt reply, will let you know when I am going for opp, I don't know how long the waiting list is in west Sussex, I hope your revision goes well for you. I
 
I had it done 14 days ago. I'm walking about perfectly normally with two sticks but it feels so much better than before it really does x
 
That's good. At the moment I have not got much pain just need more flex to avoid tripping and get about easier, x
 
Hi @earlybirds13

Nice to hear from you. Yes, I understand that. That was my problem too. I was very unstable/unsteady on my feet. My balance was awful. Quite frightening really.

My husband was relieved when I said I would go ahead with the op. Trouble is poor man has to do another three months of caring again at least. In a couple of weeks I should be ok to just manage some simple tasks!

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Hi have been for my pre opp check at a hospital in Redhill surrey, it might just have saved my life, they found a problem in the top right section of my ♥ and may have caused me a blood clot,I hadn't a clue!!!!! There was a problem, it looks as though the mud will have to wait till they have fixed the heart.
 
Oh hello, @earlybirds13

Lovely to hear from you both. I'm sorry your MUA is cancelled but thank goodness that clot had been discovered! Pheeeew! I'm so relieved they got to you in time. We all moan about pre ops but really they're worth their weight in gold in this instance.

If you don't mind, would you please keep me/us posted as to how you get on with all of this. I know it's not your knee but at the end of the day, this is your thread and you can post about any other health issues too.

This information is useful to others in your situation who also have to go for pre op. You have just shown them how and why pre op assessment is so important. I thank you for sharing this. Good luck x

Please take care both
From Nana moon 27 x
 
Will do and thanks for those kind words, I have other issues with my health but don't want to say to much until I know more, I am having kidney and bladder scans pm Fri, so fingers crossed, and thanks again, hope you ok,mal.
 
Hi Mal

I doing extraordinary well since my revision. I'm glad I've had it done. I'm four weeks post op and walked with out the crutches for a short time round the house downstairs today. The leg is straighter, my bend is good and I'm going to my first Physio appointment tomorrow afternoon x

It's strange as I've had a very bad year with my health other issues too. They're listed under my signature at the bottom of my thread.

I'll check on you tomorrow after physio if that's ok? Good luck Mal

Sleep well and
Goodnight love Nana moon 27 xox
 
How are you getting on? We've not been in contact lately so I thought it is time I made sure you were ok? X
I'm doing ok. On list for second knee to be done x x x x hope all is well with you x x
 
hi thanks for your mail i am not to bad and playing golf again, no pain unless i try to over bend the right knee , i m trying heat , massage and vibration pad to stimulate blood flow ,then do my exercise after,still waiting for the heart opp though should be about six weeks time ,how come someone so young needs two new knees hope u ok xxxmalxx
 
Hello Mal

I hope that you and your wife are okay.

Thank you for replying and updating me. I am over the moon to read that you are back playing golf. It makes me happy you are doing so well. It was my original intention this year to return to my fly fishing but I have to wait another year. That's ok x I'm saving a kings ransom in fishing licence and permits!!!

I'm not that young really. I am almost 55. There are young ladies in their thirties and forties have had theirs done too. Angel1978 is only 37, she's the same age as my eldest daughter, poor Angel has had a rough time.

The reason I needed a TKR was several reasons. I had osteoarthritis in it, it was bone on bone, I'd had an accident at work that damaged it and I was also a fitness fanatic. I was in the gym at least three or more times a week. I would walk five miles with my sis in law for two nights. I was also a nursery nurse prior to my accident. So for twenty odd years of getting up and down off the mat, playing with the children, I had a lot of wear and tear. I had an arthroscopy but it didn't last long x

I hope you don't mind me being cheeky (you don't have to answer me) but what's going on with your heart. The last I spoke with you, you were going for tests x

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
I would like to know that as well! We don't allow a member to have two accounts in BoneSmart, so you'll have to tell me which username you prefer and I'll merge the accounts. I can always reset your password if you've forgotten it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @earlybirds13 or @redsarebest

Jamie has very kindly offered to merge your posts into one. I and many others would love to follow your journey of progression. Just tag her in and she will sort it out xxx

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Hi I am well but our oldest dog kofi has just had a second stroke, he is getting better and being spoilt to death ,hope are good,xm
 
Oh I hope Kofi makes a good recovery. Dogs are more than just pets xxx

How's your knee doing?

Love Nana moon xxx
 
i am ok with the knee it has been better with the massage pad and walking and cycling , but it still gets stiff overnight hope you are progressing well , what part of birmingham are you ,september every we have a week with the dogs in sandwell park in our motor home ,xxm
 
Hi @earlybirds13

Oh that's the other side of the City from me. I'm very near the A45 about 10/15 mins from the airport. I've driven past Sandwell Park many times on the days I went out assessing. Never stopped or gone in.

I bet it's lovely. Will have to google it x

How are you both keeping? How is your knee doing?

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom