September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?
morningstar, you have been officially added to the September surgery list!
 
Hi I am having a knee replacement on my right knee on September 2nd. I am 51 and not good with pain and I don't mind telling you I am scared stiff ! :sad:
 
Hi I am having a knee replacement on my right knee on September 2nd. I am 51 and not good with pain and I don't mind telling you I am scared stiff ! :sad:

You're not alone. I'm scheduled for September 23rd and I've been having MANY second thoughts about this myself. Please check out my thread in Pre-Op "Knee Replacement Anxiety". Hang in there.
 
I have brought the September list forward so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.​
Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires ​
[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?
[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?
Feel free post in this thread, and I will add you to my list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section and share this journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting​
2 Sept 13 ditzy dinah (bilateral partials), mrs cricklewood​
3 Sept 13 Redbird (her second), Flowerpower11 (her second)​
5 Sept 13, Jsankowski (right knee), trueblue56 (left knee), Pjmc, jes (bilateral)​
6 Sept 13, catherinem (her second)​
9 Sept 13 Lexismom, morningstar (her second)​
10 Sept 13 amab​
11 Sept 13 leejaa, chefkp​
17 Sept 13 possum_here, sleefin​
18 Sept 13 Bionic woman2 (her second)​
19 Sept 13 Jsankowski (left knee), SMenasco​
23 Sept 13 rah2435 , Jude2, B's Knees (bilateral), wilmarcia (bilateral), Jude2​
24 Sept 13 yampster (second)​
30 Sept 13 pedsnurse8​
 
[Bonesmart.org] September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?
mrs cricklewood, you have been officially added to the September surgery list!


Please start a thread of your own in the knee replacement pre op forum. Here is the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
September is looking pretty busy already. My TKR is my first and on my right knee.
 
I am having both knees replaced on September 23. I am looking forward to moving towards better mobility!

Hi, same date for me. Have a family home at Twain Harte.
 
Hello Sapphires,

I am using my user name sleefin. I will have total knee replacement on Sept. 17th, 2013 in Arlington, Texas.
I am glad to find you all, I have only begun to check out the posts, but I think this will be a big help. I have had a lot of problem with reaction to pain pills when I broke my pelvis in two places and ended up on Tylenol and Advil, I am wondering if I could make it through the pain with those? I throw up and have serious constipation with the drugs, not to mention the other effects.
 
hi thanks for adding me..I am still having trouble trying to work out posting a new thread, though I am sure I did it before ! ( I am a comuter ignoramus ! ) I have been rubbing pure tea tree oil on my leg every night as a pal said that would stop infections you might pick up in hospital..also taking arnica which helps recovery if you have surgery and riding an exercise bike for 20 mins each day...Hoping it all helps !
 
My RTKR had to be rescheduled due Dr schedule change. New date for my RTKR is 9/17/2013. Only a weeks difference....no big deal.
 
Good luck to all September Sapphires 2013. I am scheduled for tomorrow so I look forward to you joining me soon on the recovery side.
Toothfairy x
 
Please add me to the September list. I will have bilateral partial knee replacements on September 5th. Thanks! I look forward to this forum.
 

Please add me to the September list. My surgery is September 5th. I look forward to sharing recovery stories with you all!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom