- Joined
- Jun 26, 2017
- Messages
- 47,904
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Hello 
If you're feeling discomfort by evening through over activity, please dial it back a little....and ice in the evenings. You can ice for months to come if you feel the need. Feeling stiff or sore for the first several steps upon rising is normal. You're only six weeks post op and there was a lot that was disturbed underneath the surface that is still healing and will be for months to come.
There's no shame in using an assistive device at only six weeks post op so please don't work hard at accepting it, just forget about it and soon, without thought, you will begin leaving it across the room more frequently, as well as purposely setting it aside for longer periods of time. Continue the heel-toe walking as you've mentioned. I found it really helpful in losing my limp.
If you're fortunate enough to be able to get more time off work, I'd recommend taking it, with a Phased Return if possible. I'll leave you an article that reflects an example of a gradual re-entry into the workplace.
bonesmart.org
You're doing great. Keep it up. I hope you have a nice week!
@Sashka567

If you're feeling discomfort by evening through over activity, please dial it back a little....and ice in the evenings. You can ice for months to come if you feel the need. Feeling stiff or sore for the first several steps upon rising is normal. You're only six weeks post op and there was a lot that was disturbed underneath the surface that is still healing and will be for months to come.
There's no shame in using an assistive device at only six weeks post op so please don't work hard at accepting it, just forget about it and soon, without thought, you will begin leaving it across the room more frequently, as well as purposely setting it aside for longer periods of time. Continue the heel-toe walking as you've mentioned. I found it really helpful in losing my limp.
If you're fortunate enough to be able to get more time off work, I'd recommend taking it, with a Phased Return if possible. I'll leave you an article that reflects an example of a gradual re-entry into the workplace.
Phased return to work
For return to work at 10-12 weeks as patient feels able, the following schedules are suggested week 1: Tues, Thurs 5hrs week 2: Mon, Wed, Fri 5hrs week 3: Tues, Thurs 8-9hrs week 4: Mon, Wed, Fri 8-9hrs week 5: normal duties The thing to remember really is that so often when people think of...
bonesmart.org
You're doing great. Keep it up. I hope you have a nice week!
@Sashka567


I think you've cracked the door open to The Overdid It Club.