Finger/Thumb SeeDoc Tomorrow

Next visit tomorrow afternoon. Hope he scraps the splint. Gotten pretty loose and I think it is bending my index finger toward middle, a problem that was to be solved. No pain unless I catch it on the turn signal when driving. Splint hits it and I go to the ceiling. He gave me 2 videos of my surgery last time. Going to ask if he has more. Friends love them or run away.
 
@SrSwede

Sounds like you are doing well, those videos seem like a good way to encourage lingering guests to head home.
Good luck at you appointment tomorrow.

You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Thanks,
Chris
 
Actually thanks Chris. I often have trouble even finding my own thread.

Today the doc took the splint away and gave me some exercise instructions. He said all the stiffness was scar tissue. Presumably I need to break that up. But he put off serious exercise for 3 months from surgery date. This is the healing period. From 3-6 months is the softening period. Gentle bending of the joint. After 6 months the real rehab begins.
 
Great report, glad the splint is off. The gentle bending you will be doing will help restore mobility to your finger and remodel the scar tissue.
Keep us posted on how you are doing.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom