Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Second times a charm?

Found it...if you didn't receive the tag, just in case you care to respond. No pressure, your choice.

Thanks for checking in! Happy you're doing so well!
@Sockeyewillie
 
My pain was exactly as you describe yours. Same time, seated or walking, and in the same area, top and outer thigh down toward my knee. I could always tell it was in the femur.

Thanks so much for your response! That is very helpful to know and encouraging that you didn’t need to do further surgery to fix the subsidence.
 
My pain was exactly as you describe yours. Same time, seated or walking, and in the same area, top and outer thigh down toward my knee. I could always tell it was in the femur.
Btw, do you recall when the subsidence pain went away? It’s been a month roughly for me so far (currently on week 11 now, new pain started week 7). I’m completely on walker again and avoiding stairs as much as possible and tired of being cooped up for fear of doing further damage and triggering pain. How soon did you resume walking without walker?
 
My revision was in April 2024. Recovery was easier in certain respects than my THR two years earlier, maybe because I knew what to expect. Spent one night in the hospital, off the walker almost immediately but used it at home for a few days and for bathroom trips at night. Used cane for a couple of weeks but truly did not need it. No opioids after I left the hospital. Cleared for all activities at 6 weeks. One thing I did differently and would highly recommend is renting a NICE1 machine. It uses water so no changing of ice packs, literally never changed the water until I packed it up to return. Strapping in was a little unwieldy and easier if husband helped but I could manage alone. It definitely controlled the swelling and I had the option to use the compression function if I wanted to.
Pain was easily controlled by Tylenol and Meloxicam. My surgeon does not require compression socks for which I was eternally grateful, I was barefoot at home and rarely wear socks anyway except to work out. I barely think about my hip, I play golf, go to Pilates and spin classes, I lift weights. I lost minimal ROM due to my surgeon using a constrained locking ring this time (my revision was prompted by two dislocations and closed reductions in the ER), but I’m extremely flexible and the effect is minimal. My left hip flares up on occasion but frankly, having a second surgery on the same hip two years later sucked. Hoping to avoid the other side as long as I can!
 
Hey, I made it past my 2 year anniversary. It’s as if it never happened. Happy , healthy, pain free. It can truly work out perfect in the end.
 
:wave:Happy Two Year Anniversary Sockeyewillie!
So nice to hear from you and know that you're happy, healthy and pain free! :egypdance:
There were hard times and you had your doubts, thankfully it all worked out.
I hope you have a great Summer 2025! :)
@Sockeyewillie
 
Going in for x-rays and a consultation for my left hip in 10 days.
 
Uh-oh...must be having some issues? If so, I hope you're not in too much pain.
I wish you the best, let us know how it goes this week.
@Sockeyewillie
 
Good luck tomorrow, Sockeyewillie.
I hope your appointment goes well. Keep us in the loop if you don't mind sharing.
A great day to you!
@Sockeyewillie
 
Been having the same sharp pain in my left hip that remember feeling in my right hip years ago. Mostly experienced when sitting. It was really bad when I made the appointment but of course, not so much currently. We’ll see what an X-ray reveals.
 
It was really bad when I made the appointment but of course, not so much currently
Isn't that the way it often seems to be? Same with the night before surgery, you have a good day and start second guessing your decision. Best of luck!
 
Well it's good to know you don't need a hip replacement, but I'm sorry you have to deal with the pain of bursitis. Hopefully it improves over the next weeks, or months, so you're able to enjoy the Summer in comfort.
Best wishes for speedy relief!
@Sockeyewillie
 
Good to hear it wasn’t anything serious. Even though bursitis is no walk in the park!
 
Hopefully it goes for good...soon! :thumb:
 
Bursitis is quite uncomfortable but a much better diagnosis that a surgery. Take it easy and follow the doctors advise. Hopefully you'll be better soon.
 
I still experience bursitis off and on in my hip. Even on left side! I alternate with heating pad or ice and it generally resolves on its own but it can be annoying.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom