TKR Second (and hopefully last) TKR Recovery Underway

Glad you are listening to your knee, @CamGram and that you are going to discuss things with your PT. Hopefully this isn't too much of a set back. :thumb:

Hi @CamGram!:wave:

You are coming up on the 4 month anniversary for your 2nd knee tomorrow. You haven't posted in a bit and I'm wonder how you are doing. Hope all is going well with this second recovery.

Yes @benne68, my second knee will be four months old tomorrow (join me for cake?).

Things are going well - I’m finally back at the gym and so grateful to be able to work out again. My scars look great and the only things that are still challenging are going down stairs and getting up gracefully from the floor.

We have a trip to Colorado planned for mid-July and I can’t wait to take my new knees out on some hikes. It will be worth all the ups and downs of the past few months to be able to join my kids and grandkids on those beautiful mountain trails!

Thanks for checking on me. Hope you’re enjoying your summer!

Wonderful, @CamGram! I can really related to the descending-the-stairs problem. Took me months to get there. And I'm still not terribly graceful getting up from the floor, either. :heehee:

But who cares? The new knees are a whole lot better than the old ones in every way, right? :yay:

Enjoy your hiking vacation!

Wow, @CamGram ... congratulations! I’m at 8 months since my TKR, roughly 7 months since my cleanout surgery for the infection, so not sure which date to celebrate.... but stair descent is fine now , although I Am still careful! I had a few falls prior to my TKR, so that put a real respect for stairs into me. Getting up from the floor is still far from graceful! But, that’s not a big concern to me, when I look at all the new abilities I now have, and, the lack of that constant bone-on- bone pain! Happy hiking, & enjoying those grandkids! As my sister often says, life is good!

I understand your careful stair descent, @Catalien45. Like you, I had a couple falls prior to my TKRs (don’t know whether to blame my bad knees or just my general lack of coordination). I was so grateful not to have broken any bones, especially since I have had osteopenia for several years. Now, however, I’m counting on my new knees to keep me upright!

You sister is right - life is good (especially with adorable granddaughters nearby!).

I am hoping someone here can tell me what this is …

My right TKR is ten months old and doing well. However, during the past few days, I have noticed a strange, raised line appearing in different locations near that knee. Sometimes it seems to emanate from my scar, other times it is simply near the scar. There is no pain and it disappears in a day or so, only to appear later in a somewhat different location. Any idea what it could be?

Second (and hopefully last) TKR Recovery Underway

Last edited:
Knees do some strange things as they are healing. I must admit that I don't recall another member who reported something like this. It's VERY helpful that you posted a photo. It would be good if you could post additional photos when this occurs and possibly it will help in figuring out just why you would have this raised line on your leg.

I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, though. You aren't having any pain or redness associated with it. It doesn't last long and occurs in different places around your knee. I'm assuming the rest of your recovery is progressing normally as well. Perhaps someone will see your post and chime in with something similar. But in the meantime, please try not to worry about this happening.

Thanks @Jamie. I’m not really worrying; it’s more that I’m curious. As a matter of fact, the line I photographed a few hours ago has almost totally disappeared - interesting, right?

My recovery is going well. My 10-month old knee feels really good (despite the puzzling ”lines”). My 5-month old knee hasn’t quite reached “really good” status but I anticipate that it will continue to improve. Overall I’m very glad I had both surgeries and look forward to enjoying my new knees for many years to come. And I’ve really appreciated all of the support and information BoneSmart provides. Thank you!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom