Bilateral THR SeaSiren's sweet new hips!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello SeaSiren I'm happy you're home, and I'm sure you're thrilled to be there. Too bad those wild turkeys showed up, though. Poor dear. I wonder what meds they're giving you? I would say that if it keeps happening, maybe you should consider switching? Don't want you to do anything that might disturb those million dollar hips.

Glad your friend came over to give your hubby a break. And so sorry to hear his Mom is in the hospital. Hope that resolves soon.

Keep up with the ice and the resting and stay on top of the pain. You're doing great! :)
 
still trying to come up with names for my titanium twins
SeaSiren hey hey hey!I meant to get here yesterday, but I think I fell asleep...or something... LOL. Think Doublemint Twins? for names? Hmmmm. I think mine will remain nameless. My mother gave me a mild freakout when I wanted to name it after my dad, who gave me the OA. She said that might constitute me not accepting this implant as "me". Weirded me out enough (and as a rule she doesn't weird me out!) that I'm just going with "I have a new hip!!!!!!!!!!".
Isn't there a boubon called Wild Turkey? maybe you have twin turkeys parading around the room. Seriously, you might want to report that one to a doctor...? And now you're having too much fun with your friend-- stop it this minute!
TennisNut so you ditched the walker, eh? :happydance: :yay: way to go! Yesterday and today the PT said I'd be losing mine soon, but today was awful compared to yesterday, so we didn't do any standing exercises, but walked outside (GORGEOUS day!) instead. It felt so very good that I wanted to just keep on walking and keep the hip loose and stretched out, but I knew from here and from my own previous surgeries that I needed to quit while ahead. Either of you having mood swings yet? I feel like PMS 15 years too late. Sheesh, I am not a nice person to be around just now! My wonderful Mr ZF and wonderful Son#2 are huge helps to me. :) <3
 
zauberflöte :hissy: ya well, as great as I felt when last I logged in, so miserable and nauseous I now feel! Dunno why, I understand stiffness and tiredness and even pain, I did a lot, I was swollen and packed myself in ice packs under a blanket, but wth is up with the nausea? I also walked outside today, sunny but super windy! Good to hear that you have some understanding and help out there. Sorry about the pms' feeling, jeez! That on top of everything else :gaah: I think you're just tired of answering all these sort of question, "where is the...? How do I .....? Is there any ...?blah blah blah..
Hugs to you sis! :console2:
 
zauberflöte - just threadjacking to say YES to the mood swings. I seem to get intoa lather about nothing but DH is really not up to the task of being nurse, homekeeper and daddy so he is snapping back. Wasn't a nice morning around here. Going to get him back to work asap and get some hired help that won't be cranky back at me!

Had a great sleep last night, so good to be home. My knee is swollen and stiff this morning.

TennisNut, nausea has been my biggest problem. My system just doesn't like drugs and one of the nurses at the hospital told me about 1/4 of people are fairly intolerant to them. I am on panadol and ibuprofen and they still have me feeling nauseated. I think I need to build up my gut again after the antibiotics, GA, and onslaught of drugs. I am doing chicken soup, yogurt, banana and that's about it at the moment!

Going to try to get some sun today but feel like I need a good rest before I do that and my exercises!

Enjoy your day
 
beckylou, can they give you something for nausea? You're less than a week out of surgery-- you need painkillers. Pain can make you irritable. Also, yogurt may not be enough. Try probiotics-- you can get them at the health food store. Hope you feel better soon,
 
BarbaraR, I am doing full doses of ibuprofen and panadol and am keeping well under 2 for pain levels. I am on a probiotic. floradix and arnica. Once my tummy is a touch better I will get onto milk thistle and echinacea.

Managed a walk and stairs today. Icing now!
 
beckylou yes! In a lather about nothing! That's so me! I'm going to try to to relax some on that today. Son being home has stressed us both out in a big way sadly. It was supposed to be just Mr ZF and4 me. Son expects to be entertained by Dade as usual. Being autistic, he has only a loose grasp on social dynamics
SeaSiren sorry to hijack! How are the titanium twins today?
 
beckylou Advil gave me stomach aches and nausea, especially if I took it on an empty stomach. I wonder if it could be contributing to the nausea? I was on Coumadin for preventing blood clots for 3 weeks post-op and had no appetite and I think it made me nauseous as well. They have me on Prilosec now to keep my stomach protected because I'm on an anti-inflammatory. Do tums help you at all?
Sorry about the irritability, but it's pretty common post-op. You've been through alot and you're still pretty freshly post-op. It'll get better, try to get alot of rest and don't tire yourself too much. Hope you improve quickly! :)
 
SeaSiren yoohoo hippysis! How are you? Hope that sleeping downstairs didn't completely discombobulate you! Check in and set our minds at rest :)
TennisNut I'm about to ditch the walker AND the cane LOL. I walk more smoothly with the walker! The cane swings me, rather than the other way round...I think my shoulder doesn't like it...
 
SeaSiren, how are you hipsista? You've been too quiet, missing you :friends:

zauberflöte, lol, I swing my hip cane or no cane! I'm ditching the cane as well, today was crazy at rehab, did some leg lifting and got to lie on both sides and my tummy :yes!: I'm exhausted tody with a crazy headache, waiting a couple more minutes and then gonna slink myself to my bedroom :sleep: Hope my sisters have a great nite!
 
did some leg lifting and got to lie on both sides and my tummy :yes!:
WOW! You must look like Chrissie Evert, that they're throwing all this advanced stuff at you. I could no more lie on the op leg (for pain) than fly to the moon! Tummy I could do, except then they require you to lift you leg, right? And I cannot do that, oh my aching S-I joint and lower back, no thank you. I'm glad you had a good workout and are walking freeeeeee as a bird! Me, I'm doing nuttin. One more set of exercises if I can stand the pain (see my thread) but it's all ice and rest....ice and rest....rest and ice. :)
 
SeaSiren Just thinking of you and hoping it's all going well. I didn't post anything for a week after my surgery. I was too wiped out. The first couple of weeks were really hard for me.
You take care, now and give us a holler when you're able to. We send our best and are all here for you. :)
 
helloooo my dear pals!! It's Tuesday morn and I finally turned on my tablet... It's been a tough couple of days... too much company over the weekend where I felt I had to put my 'yeah... super woman here... lets chat and be happy' face on :sigh: .... sort of had a few steps back with nausea -- pain meds on empty tummy.. and got generally behind on the meds -- when I knew better!! Geesh.
Just realised it's our 1-week post-op-erversary zauberflöte & TennisNut... I think you, TennisNut win the gold crutch award!!! Ditched it... really?? amazing :spin:ByGosh and beckylou totally relate to both the nausea... and a bit of the blues. Good news is that our PT plan for Thurs is go all the way up stairs - can't wait... till then little walks, exercises, ice and nap... Yikes this post took a lot of energy... will nap and read all your posts soooon xoxoxo
 
[Bonesmart.org] SeaSiren's sweet new hips!
SeaSiren, get back on the mantra and don't let company interfer with your recovery schedule---these kinds of things can really set you back--and you don't want that.


Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] SeaSiren's sweet new hips!
 
SeaSiren TennisNut yeah, what were you THINKing, letting company in the door????? LOL I could no more do company with only ONE hip than I can fly to the moon!
That nausea circle persists sometimes. I haven't yet learned how to time things so I can get my antacid in before the food before the 6:somethingam percocet...so reflux is nauseating, it seems, too!:doh:
Only a bit of the blues? I'm guaranteed for at least one "screams like a fishwife" episode every day! And last night had very little sleep in it, and a warm ice pack, so today has already had its quota and then some.
Yes, Tennusnut gets the Gold Crutches, but SeaSiren gets the Titanium Twins award!! All the way up the stairs, woohoo! And then you'll only be a week behind a single hip patient, sortakinda.
Naptime soon here too....:yawn:
 
SeaSiren Hello there! Good to hear from you. Too bad the company foiled your plans for following the mantra to the "T", but you undoubtedly gained alot psychologically by having friends around for comfort and support.
You'll be so happy once you can go up the stairs and into your own bed. It's really a luxury we take for granted.
Take care of yourself and your Titanium Twins, (as zauberflöte named them for now), and keep us posted!:)
 
heehee love the name Titanium Twins - I named mine Hunky and Dory ....... but did not name them until about 5 months after the surgery - I wanted to make sure they truly were "hunkydory" ---- thankfully they live up to their names ;) :dancy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom