Bilateral THR SeaSiren's sweet new hips!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the title prefix for the type of surgery is supposed to be selected when the member starts their recovery thread.
Soooooooo..... bottomshollow ....... we're supposed to remember that on drugs? :loll:
SeaSiren you GO girl!!!! Are you on a boat in that pic??? So happy to see you here, and next year this time you'll have two hips to celebrate birthdays for!
You don't look 54!!!! You baby, you :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] SeaSiren's sweet new hips!
You, my dear, zauberflöte, are supposed to remember everything all the time :rotfl: ! Remember that I told you once this forum was your life----well, that being the case, we expect you to know.


Would never know you took time off for surgery---it's like you've never been gone!

Take care and keep us posted (as if you could keep yourself from it). We care. [Bonesmart.org] SeaSiren's sweet new hips!
 
Isn't it marvelous to have the OR behind you? Congrats on your 2 new hips. From your picture I can tell you are well on your way. I know I didn't look as good as you do that soon post op. Having both done at once presents some challenges but nothing that can't be overcome. Welcome to the bilats group!
 
Well I was petty happy trying the newbie-hips on for size! You are so sweet anniemg :flwrysmile: And thx for your kind comments dtmbf !!
Had a crowd of family & friends stop by today/tonight... Apparently a few of them (my brother, son, bff) were also visiting last night ... I have no recollection!! Those racals video taped me being super silly and groggy... again... don't remember! My adorable surgeon stopped a few mins ago and told me they did indeed give me some sort of amnesia juice after surgery!! Aha! He also said he pulled strings to get me a private room... apparently I'm a local celeb for getting bi-lats :egypdance:hahaha
 
SeaSiren, you look great. Keep on moving as much as you can tolerate. Keep icing and get as many naps in as you can too. Your body has been through a lot and rest will help you recover quicker.
 
SeaSiren so they're partying in your room are they? Well, pretend I was there too :) Only parties I got were when more than one nurse was there at once, like at shift changeover.
 
Hi SeaSiren Congratulations on your first steps I must say you look wonderful in the photo and don't look like you have gone through surgery to replace BOTH hips Well done but just to echo the others rest, rest and more rest
 
SeaSiren I can't believe that great picture of you! You dont look like you had major surgery. No way I looked so spry and smiling 2-3 days post-op! I bet that surgeon is really proud of you, and of himself.
Tell your visitors from last night that we're all waiting for the video of you while on happy juice to be posted on Youtube. I need a good laugh today! :)
Keep up the good work. Your legs are gonna be in great working order in no time, I can tell.
 
SeaSiren, I'm with ByGosh, I would pay money to see that video. Enjoy the celebrity. You certainly deserve it.
 
You are too funny anniemg, Allycat and ByGosh!!! I havent even seen the videos :heehee: ...those naughty rascals... I'll be heading home tomorrow and will get my hands on hubbie's phone to see them... it'll be a little more challening to get my friend's videos... but ill try... we could all use a good giggle eh? Im doing really well -- pinch me (nah don't) Just some surgery discomfort... 10 minutes ago walked about 100 feet -- wanted fresh ice for my 'saddlbags!'
walked myself down to nurse station to refill ice packs... still trying to come up with names for my titanium twins:friends:
 
Hip, hip hooray... Two new hips :)

Wow, well done 100 m walk... Great that you have access to ice packs :)
 
Wow, SeaSiren, look at you! As Billy Crystal would say, "Mahvelous!" AND you had TWO hips done AT ONCE. My mind reels. I had only one, and not anterior, so my experience is moot. But everyone's recovery rate is different, so just do your thing as best you can and don't compare yourself to others or expect it to be like others. I am truly in awe of how well you are doing and look and sound. Happy recovery!
 
Home sweet home... !!! Extra cushions on sofa... check... reacher, walker & chocolate covered giant strawberries! Been a bit tricky getting up to the loo every 3ish hrs... I try not to disturb hubby (he slept on tiny love seat...) but i cant help making those grunts... groans -- of my hips protesting!!! And... hallucinations anyone??? I swear there was a pair of wild turkeys walking aroung my living room in the wee hours:what: .... ok ok it's the medzzzzzz... but truly doing better than I'd imagined 4 days post-op.... Must go read all my hipster pals' posts before i nod off again....
 
SeaSiren, Yay for home!
I had halucinations in the hospital while on morphine. I thought giant hornets were crawling up my legs. Nurse told me halucinations were common with morphine...
Are you all on 1 floor or do u need to maneuver stairs to sleep? Remember meds by clock...Ice...Naps!
 
Yep... living on 1 level for now... visiting nurse PT just left after a few hrs and think I may be able to manage stairs by Monday to my own bed... certainly not today :groan:Got a little behind on meds... we now have a handy chart. Oh good news... my fellow mermaid friend just arrived from Vermont to give my husband a little break (his mom is in hospital since yesterday so he's been double stressed)!! Now he can at least go visit :). How are my hip-pals TennisNut and zauberflöte managing today???
 
SeaSiren wow!! What did I miss? Why do I see no picture! ? Youre awesome sis! It's great to be home isn't ? I just had my first day rehab and the walker got chucked! :dancy: yippy!! I'm doing real well, exercises posed no problem for me, I even cycled a little :yes!:
I will have to go check your thread again to see what I missed, I got some great tips on the sleeping on your back like Dracula thing :sleep: and last nite for the first time in ages I had a good 5 hour uninterrupted peaceful happy sleep! (Pillows - lots)
I'm super happy youre home and it sounds like you're going to be just fine! :yahoo:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom