Hi, fellow TKRer's... I meant to do an update at the six month mark, which was April 1st but I was not around so I am doing a 6 and 1/2 month update. All seems to be doing well. I am at the point where I have a lot of days where I don't even think of the knee. As you might know I was a person who followed the Bonesmart Way from beginning to now and DID not do PT. I use my recumbent bike downstairs and ADL's and that's it. Again I am so glad I found bonesmart when I did (before my surgery) because it helped tremendously

I even told my home health aide/PT girl not to come back anymore after a couple of visits right after surgery and did NO outpatient PT either. I have great ROM with flex at 135 and ext. 0.
Thanks to all who answered my exercise survey. You all gave great suggestions which I will start to do. The abs on the bed is great because I can do that while watching TV.
I do have my days where sometimes I over do it and have a little swelling but a bit of rest, ice and elevation cures things right up. My Right knee feels so much stronger than the Left which is still bone on bone but (knock on wood) feels fine. I have no pain in the left knee but for now I am just going to wait things out and enjoy the new one.
I went to the dentist today to have three cavities filled. I had two and then got another. I could not go before surgery and my OS allows you to go after six months and when you do go you have to take 4 500 mgs. of antibiotic (amoxicillin). My dentist put my mind at ease that there is no case of someone getting an implant infection from having your teeth done. He said things are more concerning for a cleaning than for a cavity filling.
Also,
@Jockette or an admin. please change my thread back to Schpooko's recovery. Thank you...
That's my update...
To all newbies to TKR land my best advice I can give is patience. I know that part is the hardest but it's true. Rest, ice and elevate as much as you can. Thanks for reading
Carol
