TKR Schpooko's Recovery

Hi, Bonesmarties. I don't know a lot of you because it has been two years since my TKR but I am just posting an update and saying Hello to all you newbies. For me, having this surgery it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I know it has been two years and this is a long recovery but to all of you who are recovering or just starting recovery, please be patient. I did NOT do PT and after reading and journaling with Bonesmart, I found that this forum and info was so valuable. Bonesmart has a wealth of info and journaling is a great way to speak with people who are going through the same emotions, worries and accomplishments you are. I also had my worries that my surgeon would be upset with me for not doing the PT but I did feel, for myself, that just walking and do the ADL's each day (and of course, rest, ice and elevating) was good for me and it really paid off. I do not even think of my TKR anymore and I had a nice easy recovery from the surgery.

As far as my surgeon being mad at me for not attending PT or the worry of him not wanting to do the other leg and such, DO NOT worry about that. As I said, I did not do any PT with my TKR and two years later he did Total Shoulder Replacement on my left shoulder. That too is feeling good. I am doing PT at home and it only has been 2 1/2 months and things are coming along. With the COVID-19 around, it has not been so easy to go to PT so I do what I can at home. I also am not lifting anything heavy with that arm yet and taking instructions from the Dr. accordingly.

Well, that is my update but I did have a question for anyone who is in the later stages of recovery or beyond. I want to use a foot peel mask on my feet and I was wondering if any on the boards has used one or had any problems with using one? I really want to do a foot peel for my dry feet and I am not diabetic so I was just wondering if any one has done one and what was your outcome?

I hope someone can an give me a tip or two regarding one of these mask. And if anyone has any questions for me regarding my TKR or TSR please feel free? Be well Schpooko
 
Great report on your shoulder and knee!

I’ve never had any experience with a foot peel.
 
Hey there, @schpooko! It is so good to hear from you and that you have had two successful surgeries! You will be an inspiration to those coming up behind you and hopefully, your 'no PT' will be another testimony that aggressive PT is not needed to recover favorably from this surgery.
 
@Jockette Can you please change my Title to #2 on the Way I don't know if I start a whole new Page or just continue from this one but I am not sure how to get started. I am having RTKR on January 3, 2022. Thanks for the help or getting to the person who can help

Schpooko
 
@schpooko You can start a pre op thread to talk about your upcoming surgery in January.

Once you’re in Recovery, you can start a new Recovery Thread for this left knee.

Do you still want to change the title of this thread?
 
I will start a Pre-op thread in the Knee Pre-Op Forum and go from there because it is a bit of ways away. So can I have a new title and so forth as if I starting over? Thanks for your help
 
You can always have a new title. Since it’s been a few years since your last TKR, a new recovery thread for this left one is fine. I would keep the titles different, so they’re easy to tell apart, without looking at the date.

Best wishes as you move forward with the left one!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom