Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

Not much longer to go, Tuesday 7:30 am for pre op. yikes. Reading over the advice for recouping and as a graphic artist I put together some Bonesmart quotes for me to hang up around me. I put the bonesmart.org on them for other people to know where these sayings come from. I hope that's ok. Anyone can feel free to use the. I appreciate the forum so much. Thanks
[Bonesmart.org] Scheduled February 2016
[Bonesmart.org] Scheduled February 2016
 
@KayeKaye, I love the graphics, too! I have copied them into my picture file---hope this meets with your approval.
 
Great job and thanks for supporting us in this way! I was a graphic artist at one point in my career and I can appreciate the effort that went into all these delightful images. You ROCK!!!
 
Hi...I had both of my knees done Dec 1. It is crazy how everyone says can't believe you did two. I would do it all over again. Just remember it is a long process and don't be hard on yourself. Be sure you have your elevated toilet , walker, ice and lots of help the first few weeks. I'm coming up on 3 months and it's like I'm blossoming out of a cocoon. I felt so old and now I have been given a second chance. You'll do great and Good Luck!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks @ScooperTR I will have to read up on your recovery. I have had a raised toilet seat for 3 years now, walker, raised my furniture. We put a hospital bed in the Living room, don't know if I will use it or the recliner more. Glad you are doing good! My biggest problem is 15 steps to get to my living room and bedroom. They don't seem to think I will be able to make it after discharge. So I have been put on a waiting list for a rehab. I'd rather not do that but maybe a couple days or so. We'll see.
 
Hi @KayeKaye, great graphics! Congratulations on your pre-admission appointment. Your day is almost here. Have all your questions ready. This is the time to ask. If your process is anything like mine, you will have a pre op appointment with you OS. I took this time to discus my questions and concerns with my OS. keep us posted on your progress.
 
I love your graphics. You are almost to the beginning of a new journey to lose the pain of arthritis in your knees. I hope you have a speedy and uneventful recovery.:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks @MerciQ , @newlybionic . @Jamie Thanks, coming from another pro I take that praise humbly :blush:
I had company today that I cooked for and when they left my knee was throbbing. My cooking is usually staggered throughout the day but today I had to do it all at once. So tired of doing the least normal thing and paying for it later with soreness. I made 4 ice packs today according to the bonesmart recipe. They are sitting on the deck in 7° weather freezing up.
 
Ok post op question, did people stay in their hospital gowns or did you dress in your own clothes? Did you have an IV and catheter that needed access? I am packing some tshirts and loose gaucho pants. I wish I could get through to ask this at the clinic, am trying but it's call back tag. Had a lot of letter and online check in but nothing about what to wear.
 
I put my own clothes on as soon as I was able to. Had a femoral nerve block, no problem wearing shorts, as soon as the first batch of IV fluids was done I put on a tshirt. It's so much more comfortable!
 
I had 1 knee done. Truth be told, I can't recall the 1st few weeks (and I worked from home :heehee:). The pain meds were very good and I took them as scheduled. I think I wore shorts, tees and TED hose. That was definitely what I wore home from the hospital. I planned to wear a loose, long dress so I wouldn't bend my knee when I dressed but soon realized tripping was a bigger concern.
 
Good luck on your surgery! Just remember one day at a time and listen to your body.
☀️
 
Thanks @Creation @hawk2go @ORpatella. Then I am on the right track to pack my own clothes. I thought about tripping over long loose pants and dresses. I did my toes bright red, hope they let me keep it on. :)
 
I had my surgery early in the afternoon and I wore a hospital gown that night. Catheter was removed in the next morning and then I got changed into my own clothes. Since it was July I wore shorts with an elastic waist which was easy to get on since I couldn't bend that knee very much. I also had some T shirts and one zip up sweatshirt in case I felt cold. Good Luck with your surgery.
 
At the hospital I wore a hospital gown for the first day and was able to change into shorts and a t-shirt the next day. I brought two of everything so I had another pair of shorts and t-shirt to change into on my last day there. Bringing clothes was mentioned at my pre-op class. It was my idea to bring two changes of clothes.
 
Good luck with your surgery! I wore a gown the first day also and when they removed the catheter the next morning, I put on a pair of long knit shorts with an elastic waist and a long sleeve t shirt. Make sure your pants or shorts have big legs since your knee will have a big bandage on it. You want to be able to get those shorts/pants on easily and stretch them over that knee, so an elastic waist was nice.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom