Guest viewing is limited

Scaredy cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping as bad as I feel now it will feel like a reprieve- I don't know what it would be like not to hurt I'm always with cane or walker now- not a way to enjoy the end of my 30's lol


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Jillian eight more days and finally you get your reprieve. Yes finally post surgery healing. No bone on bone pain. Can't wait to read your post op posts. Take care and have a blessed night.:angel::flwrysmile:
 
Jillian you are fortunate to be getting this done soon. You don't deserve to be in pain any longer. You only have 8 more days and you will be on your way to living life with out chronic pain every day. I should have been smarter and got mine done sooner. I suffered with hip pain for a very long time it is no fun as you know. Hopefully and most likely your young age will help to make your recovery a smooth one. I wish you the best.
 
I hope so I've had mine for almost 10 years!!! Right now the only thing I can say it feel is like is if your tooth has an exposed nerve and it's rubbing against your other teeth! Today is my last ant inflammatory day so I'm nervous for the week but we will get there!

How are you doing now that you are home and away from the hospital? That didn't sound like a very good stay- I hope you are healing well xoxo


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Jillians I finally updated my thread last night at about 2 am. I am not gonna lie. It has been a little rough but, things are on the upswing and I know it will all be worth it. Everyone says the first couple of weeks are the hardest. You would not believe how many times I have reminded myself of that. :snork:
 
@Jillians I'm 4 weeks post-op tomorrow. It's definitely been an up and down time but I feel as though I've turned a corner this weekend :fingersx:
This is my third joint replacement and I highly recommend that you eat crackers/plain cookies when you take pain meds. I use Belvita cookies or Ginger Snaps. Take your meds on time so the pain does not get away from you --be honest in the hospital so that you leave with the right dose for you.
Elevate (I use 3 pillows) --think it's diagram 4 in the Bonesmart reading -- ice, and rest. Recovery takes time and great patience.
 
My doctor sent this over to me today hoping it would keep my spirits up. This week without anti-inflammatory is killing me. I'm about to have a mental breakdown. The right is a supposedly good hip and there's mine in all it's glory. Of course the pics don't mean a lot to me. How did everyone else's look?

[Bonesmart.org] Scaredy cat



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your left hip looks very painful to me and I am not a medical person. You are doing the right thing @Jillians !
 
@Jillians, I was having similar thoughts like "If I could delay by a few more years, I would have".

Then I did it and, although only 16 days on the other side, I have been nothing but impressed with the feeling so far! All pre-op pain gone almost immediately! There will be post-op pain and discomfort to deal with, but that's temporary.

Go for it! You won't regret it!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm definitely doing it- I have no option- surgery is Monday! I just want some input as to what others X-rays may have looked like- I guess I'm trying to make sure I'm not crazy lol feeling so much pain


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Trust me, you're not crazy!!! I'm no Dr. (Tho I've been known to don a knee-length lab coat now and then) but your x-Ray looks very painful. Mine showed spurs....and my OS said it practically desintigrated as he approached it....so felt glad we did the surgery when we did, rather than it becoming an emergency. - Have you discussed your pain issues with your OS or regular provider? Grit your teeth....hang in there.....you will soon have this all behind you.
 
Yes I'm in pain management- never taken pain meds in my life- the percacet doesn't touch it hardly at all- just counting down- anxious to be on the other side


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Jillians,
Good luck on your surgery! I know you'll be excited to be pain-free. Mine is Monday and I'm terrified too, but I'm trying to stay focused on all of the things I'll be able to do with my boys that I can no longer do and to being pain-free!
 
Mine is Monday too!!!!!excited and nervous


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Jillians, all the best for Monday! You'll sail through this!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Jillians, I am not to good at deciphering xrays the doc has to be sitting there pointing at stuff and explaining them for me to really know what I am looking at but, it does look like the bone is very worn and jagged to me ouch!.I know how nervous you must be getting. I know I sure was. I am pretty sure you are going to rock this and it will definitely be worth it. I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Hugs.
 
Thank you and how are you trucking along miss thang


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Jillians :hi: I'll tell ya how I'm doin . I am wearing out my walker!! Okay that was maybe a slight exaggeration :snork: but, I have been walking a lot more and wore out those little plastic glide cover things...I know you will be doing the same soon so be smarter than I am and have some extras around before you need them. Hip tip ha ha ha ! :wink: (sorta feeling the emoji's today) Hugs!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom