Hello all! Four months post THR, and all is well. I did miss out on my Bike NYC plans in May; it was raining and cold and we decided not to go. However, I have been riding and walking a great deal and I feel great. I also swim and take yoga. I am very thankful to be able to continue these activities. For those concerned about ever being able to sit cross-legged again, I am slowly getting back to that. I don't quite have the same range and comfort as pre-hip issues, but I am much improved since even two months ago. I have to say that day-to-day I just don't notice that I have an artificial hip.
This past week we spent five days in New Orleans, walking all day long. Apart from being exhausted and very, very hot, I felt great. My operated hip held up beautifully. The other hip, however, ached a bit, and so I expect some day to have to do something about it.
Big plans ahead - my husband and I plan to walk part of the Camino de Santiago this summer. I am keeping my expectations low, and if it doesn't work out, we'll simply stop and do something different. I am just feeling so cocky that I need to see whether I can do it.
Have any post THR patients out there done the Camino? I'd love to hear how it went.
Thanks for checking on me,
@Layla. You are awesome. I hope you continue to be well!