Guest viewing is limited

THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

Compared to the pain you had before, @SaraK, it sounds like the weakness is bliss - at least it's a problem you can solve without having to have a bullet to bite on. Hope your hip-irrelevant thing goes well. (You're getting a valentine tatoo, aren't you?)
 
Might I make a suggestion?
[Bonesmart.org] Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement


Just for a smile.
Healing hugs in advance of your upcoming surgery!:loveshwr:
 
I'd consider "I (heart) BS" but I'm not sure everyone would understand. So I guess I'll just skip the tattoo and let the surgeon continue my "connect the dots" picture. I wonder what we'll see when we do connect them.
 
@Marvy - I've also noticed your mood improving.
You are correct @SaraK For the first time since my original hip surgery, I feel the best, both physically and mentally. It seems the last 2 years have been spent reading and researching hip issues. In addition to the frustration of doctors not listening, finding a doctor, etc.

I'll be thinking of you and praying for an excellent recovery from your non-hip surgery... :angel:
 
Oh. @Marvy - you have brightened my rainy Monday with this update! I got help a bit faster than you but understand that frustration completely. Have a great day!
 
I agree, Sara! Marvy's update is heartwarming and what a sweet guy.
Thinking of you today and will pray for a great outcome for your surgery in a few days.
Hope your week is peaceful.
Hugs
@SaraK
 
FYI - non-hip surgery went well today. Pain level is low but taking meds anyway today. Big snowstorm expected tomorrow but plan to take it easy this weekend anyway. I'm going to do a trivia night Saturday instead of dancing. I've even decided to skip an "Anti-Valentine's dinner tonight in favor of a nap!

Happy Valentine's Day to all my hippie friends. I love you all and send each of you electronic hugs and kisses!
 
Mojo - from your lips . . .
 
You are going to get So Good this year...never fear.:yes:
Just puleez take it easy.
Hope the meds knock you OUT!:zzz:
 
Hope the meds knock you OUT!:zzz:
Never liked that blue guy....Nuh uh....isn't that the color you get when you're losing oxygen, like not breathing, like dying? Creepy to me.
Sleep like this, Sara >:sleep:

Great news you're doing well. Hugs back at you!
 
:wave: @SaraK
I do hope you are doing well after your recent surgery.
Hope you are catching the good vibes that are being sent your way!:ok:
 
I do appreciate those good vibes, Mojo! I'm doing well and being a good girl. i don't know if it was this surgery in particular or 2 surgeries so close together but this one has knocked the stuffing out of me. I don't have any significant pain any more but have very little energy.. I'm a night owl that's taking naps and contemplating bed before 10 each night!

Now that I've hit the 1 week mark, I'm cleared to go to the gym for walking and cycling. Maybe some exercise will give me the adrenaline boost I need

I have follow-ups with both surgeons on Monday and expect to be cleared for phased return to all activities by next weekend. With abdominal surgery, I will be careful and work my way back up with weights (that means doubling the weight every hour, right?).
 
Hey :wave:
I hope you have a nice weekend, Sara.
Squeeze in a few more naps for healing.
Let us know how your appts go on Monday.
Hugs :friends:
@SaraK
 
You know that lovely energy drain applies to all healing ....and you have had some very close together procedures.
I hope you feel more like yourself very soon (wait, did I just say that?:heehee:)
Lots of hugs...:roseshwr:
 
:hi:
Good Luck with both of your appointments tomorrow.
I hope you have a pleasant visit with each and receive only good reports.
A great week to you, Sara :)
@SaraK
 
Gotta love doctors that are on time. I even got out of my second post op appt before it was supposed to start.

Hip surgeon happy with progress. Agreed with the PT that "functional" movement (i.e. the muscles moving the leg) would take a few months to completely get back to normal and that contained PT exercises (but not necessarily going to PT) were necessary to get everything back since many motions just not done on a daily basis in going through life.

I asked him about whether the cup was significantly misplaced because I keep getting things from my insurer asking for information on any malpractice suit. He said it was within the normal range and that my anatomy had contributed to the issue. Interestingly, he said I had mild hip dysplasia that was probably the biggest contributor. First time I've ever heard I had hip dysplasia!

My other post op also went well. She said I should wait until this weekend to anything more than walking/cycling and then to let my body guide me. The only pain/discomfort I've had (and continue to have) is from the incision at the belly button. It restricts my activities better than an inner Mojo!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom