Guest viewing is limited

THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

Happy Three Year Anniversary, Sara!
Wow, time sure flies. I hope you’re all done with joint replacements now and can just enjoy life.

Wishing you the merriest Christmas and many blessings in the new year. Can’t wait to turn the page on this dud, flop, bomb, debacle of a year. :heehee: Can I get an Amen?!!!
@SaraK
 
Merry Christmas, @Layla! While turning the page on the calendar isn't going to make this mess go away, hopefully the vaccine will be the light at the end of the tunnel. On the plus side, I'll soon have a daughter (in law) and my very own strength training gym (which I wouldn't have done but for COVID).
 
Happy 3rd Hipversary, @SaraK :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
We all have things to be thankful for even in this crazy year.
Hope your week is Sweet.:friends:
 
Happy 5th birthday to my first hip! It's hard to believe it's been that long. How do you celebrate something like this? For me, the ultimate squat session with my trainer tonight and dancing this weekend.

I went to an ABBA tribute band Saturday - hearing the song Dancing Queen seemed appropriate with the anniversary coming up!
 
Happy Five Year Anniversary, Sara!
Mojo‘s is coming up quickly too, then mine! I keep thinking the same…unbelievable it’s going on five years already. Five years since we met here and matured out of our childish post op ways. :wink: But hey…we had fun and it got us through our early recoveries. Here’s to 5x5 more good ones with those two newish hips.:cheers:
@SaraK
 
Before my first THR, I was an absolute couch potato. After some health issues discovered in preop testing, I decided to get into better shape and joined a gym and hired a trainer. My trainer planted the seed of powerlifting (back squat, bench press and deadlifts). A major rotator cuff just as covid hit was a definite road bump along the way.

Today, I finally participated in my first real meet - the USAPL Missouri State Championships. Here is me with my medal wearing my Titanium Reinforced t-shirt I bought specifically for powerlifting meets.
[Bonesmart.org] Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement
 
Great job, congratulations! You are an inspiration to everyone that has gone through this surgery or just beginning their journey!
 
Congratulations! What a testimonial for life after joint replacement as well as shoulder injury. You go girl!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom