Guest viewing is limited

THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good going sandpiper :yay:
I also ad RTHR on june 4th , 4 weeks ago & have not felt any of the pain I had before!!! Already a plus!
Best of luck to you & a speedy & healthy recovery!!! Things are way brighter on the other side!!! :happydance:
Take it from this new hipster :spin: & they are wonderful here at bone-smart to help you with all your questions. Very friendly people
On here. Like one big hippie family! :console2:
 
adobo. Thanks for getting in touch! I hope I have the amazing success story you are having ! Please stay in touch. I'd love to hear about your continuing recovery!
So far my pain level has been low. Maybe a 4 but they bring meds every 4 hrs which is fine by me! Even getting out of bed was not bad!
Cath comes out tomorrow and I start therapy tomorrow as well. Will be back tomorrow to update everyone. In the meantime have a great night and thank you for your contact. I'd love to hear about your progress! :-)
 
Sandpiper,
I will definitely stay in touch!
Sounds like your already doing great! Cath can be uncomfortable, but... They do want you going o bathroom on your own soon
As possible & believe me its a great feeling using walker & sitting on that raised toilet seat for first time :yay:
I gave my nurse a high five when I did... Washed hands first!!! Lol, hang in there & keep up the good work! :)
Remember slow & steady wins the new hip race :happydance: Ttys my new friend. :cheers:
 
randy62. Thinking of you tonight! I wish you the best tomorrow. If it goes like my surgery everything will be just fine!!
I had a spinal so was awake and alert right afterwards and had very little pain! I've been wide awake since and got up out of bed and sat in a chair for 90 minutes with very minimal pain! I am hoping you have the same experience my friend! I will look for you post op!!
Hugs and good vibes coming your way!
 
SanDiegoHippy thanks! So far I am doing very well!
Jaycey. All is unbelievably good today. Only issue is my BP. It dropped to 78/46. I'm usually 110/68 so I'm fairly low anyway but this was too low. I feel fine. They just gave me an xtra IV with potassium. They think that will do it. I'm not dizzy or anything so we'll see.
How do you add a recovery thread at the bottom of your posts?
 
Hi sandpiper. I also had issues w/low BP. Still a bit anemic. I can get in for therapy until almost 2 weeks!!! So I have to buckle down & do more on my own. Will be easier when sons are here. Think husband Is frazzled. How you are doing well.
 
sandpiper You copy your url at the top of your browser. I have already done this for you all you need to do is copy and paste this in your signature.
My Recovery Thread

It sounds like you are doing wonderful and welcome to this side of recovery. Keep it up and do the mantra ice, elevate, rest and take your prescribed meds.
 
sandpiper I am so pleased for you. Your surgery is all done. Many of us have low blood pressure issues after surgery. It normally settles pretty quickly. You can concentrate on resting and healing now. Hopefully you will be home soon so you can relax in your own surroundings.
 
Yay sandpiper! Welcome to a joint-pain-free world :egypdance:!! Oddly I liked having the catheter (very convenient!) -- however be watchful of getting a UTI (as I did :sigh: ) a few days after going home... I had never had a spinal before... they are wonderful aren't they?! Here's hoping your bp gets stable soon... when do you go home?
 
sandpiper
Thanks for the update. Its nice to know that you're doing so well. I'm doing remarkably well too. It's hard to believe. I keep on waiting for things to change. I had a very good day considering I'm exhausted. I didn't sleep for very long... it seemed like 30 minutes at a time for a total of about 3 hours. Anesthesia said that my second night would be better, and I'm believing that's true.

When are you going home? My Dr. said I would probably going home on Thursday, 7/4/13. Independence day for me!!! Today I got my exercises from a very "hot" physical therapist. I tried extra hard for him :heehee: He took me for a stroll around the hospital floor. My daughter video taped it. I have proof that he's hot!

I went for another walk with the Occupational Therapist.... she was cute don't get me wrong, but just not my type. I practiced going on the commode. I still have the catheter. That comes out tomorrow. I'm so very grateful that it's over and I'm on the healing side of this little adventure.

A piece of very important information the doctor shared with me today...My hip was almost dislocated. I had cartilage between my joint... not much, but the cause of the problem was because it was almost dislocated. In my opinion it was absolutely due to the fall, and not how bad the osteoarthritis had gotten in my hip.

I am so glad you're feeling as good as you are. Blood pressure is temporary, I think now, our most important medicine now, is home sweet home....

Nancy
 
nmay51

Today I got my exercises from a very "hot" physical therapist. I tried extra hard for him

Honey you are just kidding aren't you? ... Please don't let any PT push.. :) you are doing so well...
 
Hi all! Everything went great today! PT twice today and both sessions were fine ! I feel a bit light headed when I sit up for more than an hr. maybe due to the low BP? Otherwise all is great!!! Will ck in tomorrow. Sleep tight all!!
 
Wow your doing great sandpiper!!!
My bp & blood count was way low. They had to give me blood transfusion, then all was ok.
Lost a lot of blood during surgery. But right after that all went great. Anemia was cause also so they fixed that with iron pills.
But for you to do pt twice in one day is Fantastic !!! Keep up the work & make sure to get plenty if rest. New hip makes your body work
10 times more harder than if you had your normal hip. Pt told me this, so it made sense that I was taking naps after workouts.
Glad all is going well for you :yes!: ttys & best wishes :thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom