TKR Samps New Knee

:flwrysmile:My PT wanted me on a walker the first month (and I was getting around well with just a cane), and then on a cane for another month. They said they wanted to give the bone time to heal. Once I realized that I had a tendency to pivot on the ball of my foot (and put stress on the knee) when turning a corner, then the walker and cane seemed like a good idea. So don't rush getting off of a cane. It is there to slow you down while you heal. (This is coming from someone who is very impatient about getting healed and up and going. With my 1st knee replacement, I had a vacation planned 2 weeks after surgery, as the hospital nursing staff said it was probably do-able...including bike rides around an island. My PT convinced me that it wasn't the best idea, even if I could physically do it.) But it sounds like you are making great progress. :flwrysmile:
 
Sounds like you are doing great. Nice to hear that you are off pain meds. Getting around without the cane full time will come in time. I think I'm 8 weeks out and still need cane outside and in the evening. Driving again was one of the best parts. My appetite has started to return around 6 weeks hopefully yours will also.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You are making great progress! You are also thinking clearly and articulating your goals :yes!:. When I was at your stage I was still happy if the poop fairy visited and I could get in a short walk followed by a long nap!
 
Hi Samp,

I like your attitude. You are focused on getting better and keeping things real at the same time.
Just wanted to let you know that you are inspiring me.
 
How are you and the new knee doing? Hope your recovery is going well.
 
Back
Top Bottom