TKR Samps New Knee

So glad to hear you are doing so well! I agree about the meds. I set an alarm on my phone to remind me to take my meds; even through the night and that helped. How exciting to go straight to the cane! You rock! Prayers for a smooth transition home :)


LisaMay Stowe
Right TKR Nov.17, 2015
 
knee is supposed to be warm for a while right? part of healing and blood rushing?


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
Yes, the knee will feel warm for quite a long time. Even after your skin incision has healed, there is still healing going on internally.
 
Yes, the knee will feel warm for quite a long time. Even after your skin incision has healed, there is still healing going on internally.

making sure sure.


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
my incision burns some too


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
You will have lots of strange feelings as things get back to normal. Burning, stinging, itching, shooting pains, and dull aches! Just keep it clean and don't put anything on it until it is completely healed. You are doing really well! How is the cane?
 
Timetilive is right I went thru the same feelings. It will lesson with time and get better. It's amazing that you are using a cane already.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
everything is awesome. sleep thru the night. I went and lifted upper body yesterday and today. walk around the house with a cane and sometimes nothing when I'm just going down the hall to the restroom. taking it easy and icing and elevating. pain has been almost a non factor except at night. I can navigate stairs but I'm slow at them but slow and steady wins the race right.


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
[Bonesmart.org] Samps New Knee

this is day 2 post op

[Bonesmart.org] Samps New Knee

and this is the sweet candy cane I'm maneuvering with


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
I can't believe how good you are doing that's great. It's nice seeing someone having a good recovery.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
first day of PT today
- measured at 73 degrees of flexion
and 2 degrees of extension

we shall see how it goes in the AM


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
the amount of bruising is WILD


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
it's everywhere and just wild.


how are you feeling?


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
Looks like you're on your way. Your incision looks great and I love the candy cane!! You'll start to feel all types of new twinges, numbness, tightness etc as you are healing. Your numbers are great and that first shower even in the hospital is great!
 
a lot of burning sensations. those are interesting.


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
[Bonesmart.org] Samps New Knee

5 Days Post


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
did anybody have skin glue and if so how long did it take to rid itself?

I'm 7 days post op today and it's been an awesome week

yesterday at PT I measured at 83 degrees flexion and 5 degrees extension

so not bad. I have pain when going from straight for a while to bending but otherwise very pain free. Just sore.

my scar is going to be an ugly mess.

when did you all start weaning off the pain meds?

I'm able to go up the stairs normal now still going down one at a time.

my quad is super tight.
the amount of bruising i have unreal - especially with the skin color I have NEVER seen such intense bruising


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 
and how long will my knee be warm!?


---------------------------------
RTKR
08 Dec 15
|| 25 Years Young :) ||
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom