TKR Sabad's Recovery Is Underway!<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been about a week since I last wrote. Everything still go fine. Between me doing exercises at home and PT everything has been more taking it easy. PT has been fairly easy going. Doing my exercises as always. ROM has stayed about the same 3 and 115. Working on strength I got the quad. Making sure when doing my exercises I'm using my quad muscle and not my back and buttocks. Still moderate pain. They hane been doing more massaging and making the knee is doing fine. Which it is. Trying to get outside to do some walking. Daughter a little concerned about because it's a very i level gravel drive way. But I take it easy. Been doing a little work with a step at work. That's going well. Bike is also going real well. About 10 minutes before my regular PT. Nothing real strenuous. I keep telling myself ,when I get down a little, that it's only been 4 week and everyone is happy with my progress. My daughter tells me to take it easy quit trying so hard. Relax and take it easy. I have done a little cooking in the kitchen. Sometimes I feel lucky like I'm lazy. Yesterday I went on line to leer exactly what the procedure was for surgery. I came away thinking omg I was lucky I should have had more pain then I had. I kinda knew what the operation was all about. But to see it step by step was amazing to see. So all in allI feel very blessed that things have gone as well as it has. Fellow knee recipients have a great week and take it easy.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry for all the typos and mistakes. Sometimes my fingers don't keep up with my mind. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes I Have used the one where you lay on your stomach. It actually does help. We used to do it at PT. I try to walk like that. I been taking walks outside. To get the exercise and working on walking properly. I use a book on my heel when doing my extension exercise. I have cut back on exercises at home the day of PT. I will try the one where you put your foot on a stool. I have been trying to push myself less. I tend to try to hard. Sometimes I hate waiting. I want heeling to move faster. Which is really stupid and I know that. So I'm being less aggressive towards my recovery. And taking things as they come. Physical therapists have been very understanding. If I'm having a bad day try and do things to help with the pain. Like maybe a different exercise intended to relieve pain in specific areas.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Omg some of the food pictures on here look amazing. The chocolate peanut butter marshmallow bar. Holy cow. Just saying.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The foot laying on the stool/ottoman is all I did for extention and now my TKR is straighter than my left natural knee.
 
The foot laying on the stool/ottoman is all I did for extention and now my TKR is straighter than my left natural knee.

My physical therapist told me, yes that is very good. So I'm going to work on that tomorrow. Since I don't have PT. Today I had a good session. But with that and trying to light a pilot light on an oven. I wore myself out. In a little pain tonight.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My physical therapist told me, yes that is very good. So I'm going to work on that tomorrow. Since I don't have PT. Today I had a good session. But with that and trying to light a pilot light on an oven. I wore myself out. In a little pain tonight.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543

By the way my extension was 2 on Wednesday. Bending I got it to 120 on my own not using a strap or physical therapist pushing on it. Just all me. Made me happy knowing I could do it.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's great ROM. If you can get there alone you don't need "help" to get an other number.
 
I was like you with both knees in bad shape. After my first surgery, my other knee felt so much better. It was because my new knee was taking more load ,so to speak, now. I intended to have my other one in one year. But I procrastinated for four years. Mistake for pain increased and I began having back aches and hip joint aches. My advice is to not wait over a year or even less to have that other knee done.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I was like you with both knees in bad shape. After my first surgery, my other knee felt so much better. It was because my new knee was taking more load ,so to speak, now. I intended to have my other one in one year. But I procrastinated for four years. Mistake for pain increased and I began having back aches and hip joint aches. My advice is to not wait over a year or even less to have that other knee done.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I'm planning on retiring this year next few months. Not sure my insurance situation. They also discovered some other problems from my chest X-ray. So I have to monitor a small nodule on my lung and a small aneurism in my aorta. And hope they don't grow. Right now doctor is not worried about them. So I'm not sure whether I can afford a second knee surgery at this time. Right now left knee feeling good. No pain at all mobility good. So I guess I'll watch it. Just taking one pill a day for pain. Going back to driving next. Not sure what I'll do about meds and driving. I figure if I retire I'll have less stress on my body. Plan on getting a part time job. Work just isn't worth the hassle and the rubbish and all the new processes you got to learn and deal with. Getting to old for it. Time to enjoy life.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
My surgery April 4th you encourage me


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
By the way my extension was 2 on Wednesday. Bending I got it to 120 on my own not using a strap or physical therapist pushing on it. Just all me. Made me happy knowing I could do it.

I don't know if it's the weather changes or what. But some days I have more pain then others. And stiffness. Wednesday I felt pretty good. Pain was there but bare able while doing PT. Today Friday I feel good. Going to PT in a few. In a week it will be 6 weeks I will be able to drive. Be able to go places. Do some walking outside. Enjoy the fresh air. Get a drink something to munch on and go to the park and read. Things are looking up. Lol.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My surgery April 4th you encourage me


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Good luck on your surgery. I was very nervous the day of surgery. But if you have good surgeon. It should all go well. I'll watch for how your doing.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You are doing great. I wish I would have done the exercises before, but my dr had an opening and I was able to get my knee done less than two weeks after my initial appt with him. So, I decided to take it rather than wait till end of March. If I decide in August to have the other knee done, I will definitely start them. Keep up the good work!
 
Thanks yes doing exercises before helped. Hope you're doing good with your surgery. Sounds like you have a positive attitude. We chose my date around my job. I may wait with my other knee for awhile. It doesn't seem to be bothering me like my right knee. There's no pain in it and the flexibility is pretty good. Doctor told me it may not be necessary.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I really have not decided on surgery on other knee. With my other problems that came up I have to wait and see what becomes of them. Both could (if they get more advanced) require surgery. Hoping that never happens. And these are two things I will have to live with the rest of my life.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I really have not decided on surgery on other knee. With my other problems that came up I have to wait and see what becomes of them. Both could (if they get more advanced) require surgery. Hoping that never happens. And these are two things I will have to live with the rest of my life.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I think if pain too bad I won't do second knee. What exercises did you do pre surgery? My surgery April 4th.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom