TKR Sabad's Recovery Is Underway!<

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to be off the heavy-duty narcotics before you drive, too.
 
I'm just gonna take it easy drive when I feel it's ready.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great job @sabad52 sounds like you are doing great!
Be cautious, i went to work early, hurt my outer leg on Ice and was set back for a bit.
I am from Buffalo originally, just 4 hours from Pittsburgh
Good luck with your recovery
Mike


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
I don't plan on going back no
Matter how I'm doing till
My leave is up. I'm sure my doctor till my leave is up. I'm going to take advantage of my time off.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Doctor appointment. Went real well. Doctor happy with my progress. Had me stand to see how it all looked. Told me keep up the good work. Continue your exercises. "If you stop doing them you'll get behind". Had staples removed just a mere pin prick. Is all I felt. Had PT one hour later. Went well a little sore afterward. But not to bad. But cold all day say kinda stayed in bed and rested rest of day. Been good day. Just a little tiring.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your progress sounds great!
Welcome to the forum [emoji3]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you all for your help and encouragement. I have always been a hard worker and never a quitter. No matter how I feel about something. My dad always taught me to work hard and keep yourself busy. I've tried to instill on my kids and fellow younger employees.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
In this recovery the "hard work" can consist of resting, icing, elevating as well as the required patience needed. If it's no what you're used to it can be hard work.
 
Things still going good. Went to PT yesterday they said let's try bike for a few minutes. She said don't worry if you can't get it to go completely around. Just work on it a little. I was able to do it backwards fairly easily. Harder frontwards. But I did it for 10 minutes made doing my other exercises a lot easier. We did a few squats. Not doing them real well but something to work on. Did a few lunges. Once again need to work on those a little. Then we laid on table and I did all my other exercises with ease. No pain. She was working with another gentleman. She tell me to do an exercise. I would get them done and start another exercise. She would come by and say do. Oh you've already started them. I basically did all my exercises on my own. Plus a few more she showed me. Then she stretched it out a little. I'm still at 0 my bend was around 112 or so. She told me to keep up good work. I left very happy with my PT that day. And had a wonderful day. I rested rest of day. Iced and kept my foot up. Fixed myself supper. Went to sleep and slept great. Best night sleep in a while. This morning feel well rested and plan on taking it easy all day. No PT today.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks it's good to be here writing about my recovery. Just trying to be positive.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to do it backwards fairly easily. Harder frontwards. But I did it for 10 minutes made doing my other exercises a lot easier. We did a few squats. Not doing them real well but something to work on. Did a few lunges. Once again need to work on those a little.
Congratulations on doing a full revolution on the bike so early. That's terrific.

It's really very early to be doing so many exercises, though and far too early for doing any squats or lunges. They are very punishing for a new knee and shouldn't be done until at least 3 months after surgery. At this early stage, they will irritate and inflame your wounded soft tissues that are doing their best to heal. Allowing that could set bask your recovery.
 
Oh yes. That was some rigorous exercise regime. Hope you don't suffer for it later...
 
Actually there are working with me. For some reason I feel better after with the woman. No pain. Last time I worked with the guy. I felt terrible that night and the next day was sore. Most of the time it's the lady that's been working with. Me she watches my face to see if things hurt to much. She didn't expect me to be able to go around with bike. It took a couple minutes. And I didn't push myself just kept at it. The squats and lungs she saw I struggled with. So she didn't push it. She wants to get quad muscle strengthened. So that's her goal right now working on that.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So far I don't think I'm suffering. If I think it's to much I tell them. Then they ease up. I'm at 0 straight 112 bent after 2 weeks.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My pain is around a 2 out of 10. By end of day before I take 2nd round of pills it's around maybe 3-4.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Today I'm resting. Doing very little. I have another PT tomorrow


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Today I'm resting. Doing very little. I have another PT tomorrow


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

With no extra pushing from the physical therapist my ROM is 3 and 107. I feel very happy with that. With her help we can get it to 0 and 112. So I'm getting there. I spent 10 minutes on the bike not pushing myself just seeing what I can do. Frontward pedaling I cannot get around. Which is fine. I'm not going to push to try and make it go around. Going backwards I have no problem going around. There is no problem there. My exercises are not a problem they are pain free. Both leg lifts were a problem at first. But are now very easily accomplished. Trying to strengthen the thigh muscle. Physical therapist just making sure I'm using the right muscle for the right exercise. Which I do appreciate her help there. The only pain I encounter is the stretching she does. But stops when I tell her too. I usually do about 30 reps on each exercise. Friday I did 8 exercises and the bike. Then they ice for 10 minutes. Walking is pain free and is going well. Where I'm at I can't get outside to do walking. Hope to be using a cane. Within a week or so. Will wait for doctors permission next Monday. On a whole sleep has been pretty good. There has been a couple days where I slept a good solid 5-6 hours. Have taken 3 hour naps which has helped also. I feel very lucky I have not had any complications. I read some of the stories and I cringe I feel so sorry for those people. Like a lot of people say they deserve better. Well you all have a great weekend. And once again thanks for all your advice and encouragement.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well Sunday I rested most of the day. Did my exercises but not forcing anything. Having some spasms in my lower back. Not sure if I just twisted wrong sometime during day. Put heat on it which helped. Took one extra pill for pain. Hopefully Monday everything will be back to normal. No PT scheduled till Tuesday. Which is good. Will still do exercises when I get up and when I go to bed. Don't think I'm pushing myself. But I might be. How do I know if I'm doing to much? Is my back bothering me telling me I'm doing to much. Could it be I'm just using muscles I usually don't use ? Posting a picture. I think the knee looks good. Swelling is down. Which is a good thing.

[Bonesmart.org] Sabad's Recovery Is Underway!<



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom